75/78 Troopy roof conversion options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like lots of choice, so I will add a link to ORB as they offer 3 different roof height options

Off Road Böhlen ORB

I dont know the company but like the look of the product. I will be interested to see what you ultimately go for as I am seriously tempted to do something similar

ORB , is a swiss company , that I selected and visited before doing mine .
In my opinion , there are marking the best pop up,roof on the market .
Best because , of many small improvements and details against the competitors .
This obviously comes at a cost , both in €€€ , and production time .
Delivery terms are at least 90 days !
Price was around 14000 € with all attached .
So I decided the hard way .....make it by my

By Renago

You can’t bring a 2016 back but I am starting with a 1986 BJ75 and I will use the newer body on that frame so it stays a 1986 BJ75 but looks like a 78

So far I think I narrowed it down to either the PSP or the Maltec. I think the PSP is the best looking one and it is sturdy built out of aluminum while it only ads 35 kg over the original roof . The Maltec is probably a good deal lighter then that and might ad more value when the time comes to sell this Cruiser again but at a higher cost and the more complex labor if ever a repair need to be made I still need to mull it over for a few days before I pull the trigger.

I am not gonna live in it or travel for months on end, just would be nice to pull my crawler behind it to let's say Moab and wheel all day in one cruiser and sleep at night in another one.

It's a lot of Doll Hairs to sleep in it maybe 10-15 nights a year but the fact that you can park almost anywhere and 45 seconds later you are in your bed make it worth it.

So far I think I narrowed it down to either the PSP or the Maltec. I think the PSP is the best looking one and it is sturdy built out of aluminum while it only ads 35 kg over the original roof . The Maltec is probably a good deal lighter then that and might ad more value when the time comes to sell this Cruiser again but at a higher cost and the more complex labor if ever a repair need to be made I still need to mull it over for a few days before I pull the trigger.

I am not gonna live in it or travel for months on end, just would be nice to pull my crawler behind it to let's say Moab and wheel all day in one cruiser and sleep at night in another one.

It's a lot of Doll Hairs to sleep in it maybe 10-15 nights a year but the fact that you can park almost anywhere and 45 seconds later you are in your bed make it worth it.

@joekatana Did you end up deciding on one of these, or have any recommendations based on discussions with either of them?
I'm currently pursuing a troopy that @gilmorneau recommended in another thread, and am considering having the roof done in Europe prior to shipping, vs going the Alu-Cab route in the States. Opinions?

I put a PSP expedition top on it from the Netherlands and am very happy with it . Looks a lot better then Alucab to me

A friend is putting a PSP top on his over an AluCab too. The guy is coming here to fit it. Cost is much higher than Alucab, but I'll admit it looks so much better.

Do consider the Alu Innovations pop top if you want looks and function - if I understand it correctly, they will be exporting shortly ...

Can we start a cat fight about tops? I don't think the Alu-Cab looks THAT bad. In fact, I kinda like it.

Is there an English version to the PSP site? I'd like to see what I might have missed.

Can we start a cat fight about tops? I don't think the Alu-Cab looks THAT bad. In fact, I kinda like it.

Is there an English version to the PSP site? I'd like to see what I might have missed.

Alu cab doesn't look bad the PSP just looks better to me, we all have different preferences luckily ;)

got any pics of the finished product?!
IMG_2763.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom