70 Series General Tech and Classifieds. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was afraid that with the 2" spacer/adapters I would come out looking like one of the Wrangler crowd.
2" was the least amount of widening I could find on a 6 to 5 adapter.

I think it turned out alright. Comments welcome. Hence the before/after pics.

I was afraid that with the 2" spacer/adapters I would come out looking like one of the Wrangler crowd.
2" was the least amount of widening I could find on a 6 to 5 adapter.

I think it turned out alright. Comments welcome. Hence the before/after pics.

I like.
We missed you at the Swine Soirée

$50 new???

These are new take offs from 70 series , if you go that route ask them if they have any of the Michelin instead of the Dunlops. The dunlops wear uneven and last about half the miles then the Michelins.

I think cruiserparts.net is selling them , you might want to ask about the date codes also

I like.
We missed you at the Swine Soirée
I worked really hard dropping a used 3b in the pig only to fire it up and have it sound like it’s full of marbles.
Got depressed and shoved it to the back of the driveway.

I worked really hard dropping a used 3b in the pig only to fire it up and have it sound like it’s full of marbles.
Got depressed and shoved it to the back of the driveway.
Boo. Sorry.

There’s a gentleman importing 70 Series LC’s in Seminary. Going to check them out today. Cheers

There’s a gentleman importing 70 Series LC’s in Seminary. Going to check them out today. Cheers

Let us know what they look like. I’ve been watching them come in and many look rough. It seems like he branched our from mini hunting truck imports to cruisers and other randoms.

Paging Onur... sweet whispers in my ear desired relating to Grogan’s headlight choice but in 24v...

A sad tale of a short lived love affair with a BJ70...

David caught the land cruiser bug after attending a few events and meeting the folks involved. He really wanted a SWB LC but was on a budget and many were, as expected, way pricey. He test drove a few 40s and figured out he really didn’t fit comfortably, but he was good in my HZJ73. So the hunt for a J70 started. We found one in Austin and it seemed perfect. After an inspection at Edwin’s shop in Austin, the deal was done. Edwin‘s guys did some long overdue maintenance and we brought it home.
68B9F67D-B909-4248-976C-E9A9EA267915.jpeg

7E77D35C-36C3-4621-BBA1-10E6C4042F77.jpeg

This was just before Christmas (Dec 20) and David was thrilled and he happily drive it around town.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago Monday. He was on his way to work downtown and long story short, he was hit HARD by of all things, a Mini Cooper. The insurance totaled the truck.
AE808C4F-E09E-4270-9CAE-9E821AC846C2.jpeg

BF5AA2A3-BDFF-42A8-A8DF-2D1752CD02F9.jpeg

25FEF742-F45E-48C7-A7BF-A6110966BD88.jpeg

The good news is that no one was hurt And the insurance was fantastic and made him whole. The bad news is that they wanted WAY too much to buy it back, so yesterday it headed to CoPart to be auctioned off. I just about cried. It killed me to see all those parts drive away.

But, Travelers insurance was fantastic on this claim. They covered everything and were easy to deal with.

Now the hunt resumes for a replacement!

I’m so confused about which emoji is appropriate?

Trust me, it’s been an emotional roller coaster around here too. From holy crap to thank God to holy crap again. Luckily we landed on whew!

Wow. Boo.
Yes, boo. But we are back on the horse...

66AF8D85-B5AA-449A-8288-B3157EA149FB.jpeg

A sad tale of a short lived love affair with a BJ70...

David caught the land cruiser bug after attending a few events and meeting the folks involved. He really wanted a SWB LC but was on a budget and many were, as expected, way pricey. He test drove a few 40s and figured out he really didn’t fit comfortably, but he was good in my HZJ73. So the hunt for a J70 started. We found one in Austin and it seemed perfect. After an inspection at Edwin’s shop in Austin, the deal was done. Edwin‘s guys did some long overdue maintenance and we brought it home. View attachment 2186107
View attachment 2186108

This was just before Christmas (Dec 20) and David was thrilled and he happily drive it around town.

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago Monday. He was on his way to work downtown and long story short, he was hit HARD by of all things, a Mini Cooper. The insurance totaled the truck.
View attachment 2186110
View attachment 2186111
View attachment 2186112

The good news is that no one was hurt And the insurance was fantastic and made him whole. The bad news is that they wanted WAY too much to buy it back, so yesterday it headed to CoPart to be auctioned off. I just about cried. It killed me to see all those parts drive away.

But, Travelers insurance was fantastic on this claim. They covered everything and were easy to deal with.

Now the hunt resumes for a replacement!
damn.

Damn is right. Now for the ever evolving story...

So before David (@70hitchhiker42) bought the BJ70, we were hunting for a while, about 6 months or so. During the hunt both @joekatana and @Onur had recommended that we take a look at @FJ73Texas PZJ70 in San Antonio. Matt and I talked, but the BJ fit the bill, and we went that way. Fast forward to the untimely demise of the BJ, and we took a trip out to visit and see the PZJ70. OMG what a beautiful rig. Seriously one of the nicest I have seen. Meticulously cared for, well appointed, and just lovely. @FJ73Texas was kind enough to entrust us with the truck (I really think of it that way more than just a transaction) and we brought it home last night. It's insured, passed inspection and will be titled and registered tomorrow.

I am so happy for @70hitchhiker42 and also thrilled to make another friend in @FJ73Texas!

image1 (1).jpeg
image0.jpeg

Damn is right. Now for the ever evolving story...

So before David (@70hitchhiker42) bought the BJ70, we were hunting for a while, about 6 months or so. During the hunt both @joekatana and @Onur had recommended that we take a look at @FJ73Texas PZJ70 in San Antonio. Matt and I talked, but the BJ fit the bill, and we went that way. Fast forward to the untimely demise of the BJ, and we took a trip out to visit and see the PZJ70. OMG what a beautiful rig. Seriously one of the nicest I have seen. Meticulously cared for, well appointed, and just lovely. @FJ73Texas was kind enough to entrust us with the truck (I really think of it that way more than just a transaction) and we brought it home last night. It's insured, passed inspection and will be titled and registered tomorrow.

I am so happy for @70hitchhiker42 and also thrilled to make another friend in @FJ73Texas!

View attachment 2188273View attachment 2188274

So glad this ended well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom