69 fj40 50K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It appears to have original carby. I thimk carb was recalled ( inappropriately) for poor low end performance. Note large intake runners.

It appears to have original carby. I thimk carb was recalled ( inappropriately) for poor low end performance. Note large intake runners.

Do you have any facts on a recall. Not sure if there is was something wrong with the wide runners? My 68 has them with the one barrel carburator.

My avatar is a 70 I was trying to help the original owner back in 2011. Had a thread about the value. One owner has all the same paper from the dealer. Warranty book, jack, complete tool kit, owner's manual and trouble light. It is rust free including the rear sill. Original owner installed a 2F in the mid seventies from someone going V8. Around 65K miles and probably less on the engine since those didn't start until 1975. Other than the underside of the front fenders and running boards paint black that is original paint. The opinion on the value was $9-$10K. Had it listed here for $10K with little interest and no buyers. Ended up buying it myself for $10K. This is what has happened to the market on the FJ40 over the last few years.

Don't have any facts on recall. I had a 1968 with wide runner intake. Fitted ~1972 Aisan carb, it exhibited poor low end poop. Then installed 1972 intake manifold (with skinny runner), all better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom