60k Service on 14 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
Been searching and have not found any results for basic maintenance on our 14 LC.
Coming up on 60k, just wondering when spark plugs are due and anything else that’s
Important. Can’t seem to find our maintenance book with the owners manual
I know it’s an easy one for you guys so take it easy!
Thanks,
John

Wow thanks guys,
Looks like the #1 priority is checking the drivers side floor mat! So under normal no severe off road(bummer) driving,Looks like replace coolant at 100k and Spark plugs at 120k. Along with all the basics, wow again always so impressed with Toyota Land Cruisers.

When do you guys service your automatic transmission? It’s not on the schedule or I missed it if it is. I’m at 95K and I’ve only had her a few months. Service history shows dealer maintained but no mention of transmission filter and fluid change. sorry for the thread hijack!

When do you guys service your automatic transmission? It’s not on the schedule or I missed it if it is. I’m at 95K and I’ve only had her a few months. Service history shows dealer maintained but no mention of transmission filter and fluid change. sorry for the thread hijack!
Hey that’s a good question and no problem to post up. My 16 Tacoma is the same deal with the tranny.
I think it’s sealed up and not easy to service. Looks like the factory maintenance for our 200’s goes up to like 120k then repeat?

NLScooby has a video out there that shows how to replace 12-14 quarts from the transmission and he also drops the pan and replaces the filter. Its probably one of the best DIY videos for the service. There are a couple more videos out there doing the same service IIRC. The consensus for taking the truck to a dealer or other shop is that they will only drop the pan and replace about 4-5 quarts of fluid. You would probably have to hound them to do all 12-14 quarts. All depends on how you use your truck. If you tow frequently or stress the tranny regularly, you may consider doing the procedure.

Hey that’s a good question and no problem to post up. My 16 Tacoma is the same deal with the tranny.
I think it’s sealed up and not easy to service. Looks like the factory maintenance for our 200’s goes up to like 120k then repeat?
I plan on repeating after the 120 mark. However, I believe the maintenance manuals suggest doing the coolant system (fluid and WP) every 50,000 miles after the 100k mark. That would be the only change I can think of.

At 60k I would flush and fill all fluids, including AHC if that’s there. Even transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom