60 series Rear Bucket Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey just curious if anyone has ever explored rear bucket seats or captains chairs as an upgrade to second row seating in a 60 series. Or is there a bench seat that makes a nice swap out upgrade.

Cheers!

When I swapped out my front seats, I had found a thread where someone had replaced the back with a 60/40 split out of another model/make of SUV. However, he had to make custom mount brackets *and* open up the seat cover and custom "carve" (think electric knife) of the foam to allow the doors to close. Looked neat when all done. Can't remember if that OP used BMW or PT Cruiser seats, but hopefully this might joG somebody's memory on the thread location. As I found out when I put in my seat question yesterday, my search Fu is apparently no good on the newer forums engine as it was back in the old days.

Glenn in Marana

Hey just curious if anyone has ever explored rear bucket seats or captains chairs as an upgrade to second row seating in a 60 series. Or is there a bench seat that makes a nice swap out upgrade.

Cheers!
50/50 split bench out of the HJs are available occasionally. Just have to drill holes in the floor for the center brackets to mount to. Latches and everything else lines up.

You lose the fold flat option of the single bench though since they fold then tilt up against the front seats.

Last edited:
Have a read. If you don't have upgraded account you'll miss a lot of the photos but the info might be enough to follow. I only did the front, but I do have a back set to match that I'll get around to someday. Turns out its neither the BMW or PT Cruiser I was thinking of.

Glenn

50/50 split bench out of the HJs are available occasionally. Just have to drill holes in the floor for the center brackets to mount to. Latches and everything else lines up.

You loose the fold flat option of the single bench though since they fold then tilt up against the front seats.
I have those in m 61 I wouldn't say they are an upgrade.

Yeah, I hear you. I have them retrofitted in my 62 so we can have seating for three and remove one half to mount our fridge. I do miss the fold flat bench though.

Check with the FitGarage folks, I saw them post on instagram an installation with 4 Scheelman seats in a 60 (2 front, 2 back) ...or was it a 70 series?

Not an inexpensive setup I suspect, but it looked interesting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom