60 series body modifications (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wow!!! I forgot about this thread....
It would be nice to see that 60 with suicide doors complete.... I loved that idea!!

Can't believe I missed this. Bad A**!

Hi guys!

The hj60 is still on the back burner because of the Volvo, so unfortunately no new updates on that, sorry.

But the Volvo is coming along, the 1KZ-T and R150F is in and runnning, and oh my, does it run! it works perfectly and makes it a totally different vehicle, so I'm more than happy!

Here's a Yuotube video of it:
YouTube - TerrainCruiser First test drive!

But the HJ is not forgotten, I have a 1HD-FTE waiting for it!;) So maybe it will become a HD61 ?

60 series body modifications .......

Everytime I see [60 and body modifications] used in the same sentence, I get this vision...........:lol:
60-gunship.jpg

Just wanted to say that your work looks awesome and I hope I can see some finished photos of this so cool project of yours. Keep up the good work on the HJ60 and wish we could get a c303 here in the States.

Thanks for the replys guys! I could get you some Volvos, depending on condition they cost between 5 and 10K USD plus freight, still interested? IMO you should be, its A STEAL! :)

Well, a small update: The 1KZ-T in the volvo is up and running great and I just installed Michelin 11.00R16 XZL's on it! But again, somehow I end up stranding my own projects, this time because my finacee and I bought a house, so again I DO like the reason, especially since the girlfriend thought that my old Mercedes 280SE was a bit unpractical when redoing and old house, so she suggested I sold it and bought a HJ45 instead, hard not to love a woman with that taste in cars right?!?
Well I bought a 1980 HJ45 in rather good condition and payed way too much, but hey, that's love right? Well 3 weeks later the engine started spewing oil like Daniel Day Lewis in "there will be blood", something in the old H heart gave up! Not the ideal moment to loose the car I bought because we needed a hauler for restoring the new house!
Well I bought a 2H and a H55F thinking I could put it in rather easily, but that prooved to be rather arrogant of me!
I knew that I would loose the E-brake, have to find a solution to the crossmember under the gearbox vs. the bellhousing mounts etc. But did not anticipate the issues with the motormounts. I actually thought I had read somewhere that the parts matched up, buty oh no, they did not!
So now I have HJ45 on the table and no emidiate fix in sight, and no time, lust or finances for a major overhaul, but I do hope I find a good solution... Sorry if it sounds a bit down, but I just spend the entire day trying to find a fix, and ending up leaving it with no real work accomplished.

Best regards to all of you!

pick up

This is my favorite.

Dynosoar:zilla:
fj60 pickup4.jpg
fj60 pickup5.jpg

I love the 60 truck!!

What an awesome truck that will be, good work!

Thought I should post a pic of the new family member:

HJ45 011 copy.jpg
HJ45 011 copy.jpg

Sweet troopy Christian! Has it been restored sometime in the past? That's not original paint is it?

Thanks!

Yes it has, I am the third owner, the second had it from 1984 'till I took over. He had the frame galvanized, all bolts are changed to marine grade stainless and he did a lot of bodywork and while he was at it like changing the inner fenders so they only run where the rear tyres are, instead of the entire length of the back. He also made a new one-piece tailgate in GF plus a lot of other stuff. The paint is marine grade two-component epoxy.
But she's showing some signs of age, and will need some bodywork...
When we establish a decent barrier between the out and the in here at our new property (read fix the leaking roof amongst other leaky bits) I hope to give her back some of her former glory... But for now shes the farm truck and doing an excellent job at it!

The model has become extremely rare here, and this is the only one I have seen in years!

I actually wanted a BJ75, but my fiancée wanted a 40 series and what can a man do - right?

Shes starting her 30's now, so she seems rather settled, no teenager :cheers:

Any updates on the 60

RIP

Stands for:

Reused
In other
Projects

I am a bit sad to dissapoint some of you, but the 60 project got killed this week.
I had to cut down on the number of projects, and the one with least usefulness and last on the to-do list was the 60 :frown:

I started this project nearly ten years ago, when I was single and wanted an expedition-worthy one-man camper-like trophy truck.

But things change, an life does too. Now we are three, and having eliminated all possibilities to put a functional rear seat in again, and not needing a one-man camper, I culled the project...

It is kinda sad, not least having to admit defeat by time and practicalities, nor is it pleasing to join the ranks of unfinished projects...:crybaby:

I have however reused a lot of the parts in the 45, brakes are on, gearbox too, steering will go on the 45 as well.

The frame has been sold together with a lot of other parts. The body went to scrap... I knew it would be near impossible to find someone who could finish it here, and I would end up with having to deal with a lot of window-shoppers coming and critizising my build. So just like you take a band-aid off in one quick pull I had a scrap dealer come and pick it up. I would rather cry once than sulk for months.

I appologize for dissapointing those of you who are, but I had to do what I had to do.

I just found this thread today, kind of sadly late. I have a '65 FJ45 Pu in pcs in my storage shed that is soon to be sold in pcs. No one wants to buy all of it at any kind of market value. I have a mint frame, all aluminum body, all the rest. I do understand sacrificing.

That being said, you've mentioned several times of frames being "galvinized".Could you explain to me the process and how common it is there. Also how expensive is this process? I have an FJ40 restoration that is almost body back on frame, but I still haven't finalized the final coating for the frame forever. I think I've heard of something like that here but I'd rather hear it from you.

Thanks for your work on the 60, we all get a kick and a bit more enthusiasm to try different stuff every time someone does something radically different like you did. I live on Vancouver Island, should you and your girlfriend ever make it that far, I invite you to let me know and we will welcome you to visit.
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom