6.2 GM diesel in a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has this conversion been done? I have an oppurtunity to get a complete, in good condition k5, with no title. Would this be a good candidate for an eventual swap, or would it be just another vehicle in my yard for my Wife to yell at me about. :D

I am currently doing that swap into my 40. I have my whole drivetrain in, just waiting for the body to go on and then  I can start wiring it. I am going sm465, 3speed and 4.11 for now. I think the advantages of it are good torque, decent fuel mileage, low RPMs and especially fuel injection. The old 5.7 L "diesel" was crap, but the 6.2 is pretty decent. Most people say they are crap, but they are usually comparing them to strokers and cummins. I think that the 6.2 will be awesome for wheeling.

Awesome, glad to see others are doing this swap, it seems to me the engine would be perfect for wheeling too.

I havent seen any in a 40 yet but my 60 is running a 6.2 and I've seen plenty of others, 80 series, 75 series, N***** GQ/GU's, etc.

Great engines, loads of torque, more power than standard and great fuel economy! :bow: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom