6/16 Big day for forest service roads. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone looking to get out soon? I’ve been checking out what I can after work lately. Flathead pass was yesterday and the west side has some good washouts but nothing impassable, nothing really to mention about the east side.
IMG_2088.jpeg
IMG_2096.jpeg
IMG_2098.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up @EthanR , I rode flathead early this morning and it was great. I’m down to get out during the week, let me know your next adventure.

FYI There is a Chrysler sedan parked(stuck?) at the top of the west side 4x4 route. It’s not blocking the trail too bad, didn’t see the owner.

Thanks for the heads up @EthanR , I rode flathead early this morning and it was great. I’m down to get out during the week, let me know your next adventure.

FYI There is a Chrysler sedan parked(stuck?) at the top of the west side 4x4 route. It’s not blocking the trail too bad, didn’t see the owner.
Nice, did you go up the west side or down it? Feel like it could be a bit more fun going up it.

I did not see the Chrysler, I went on Thursday and I imagine lots of people out on Friday, I know I ran into a lot of people on Olsen creek yesterday. Olsen creeks gate was closed and so was south fork brackett creek. Ended the day checking out some of Jackson creek but didn’t see all of it since I ran out of daylight.

I’m thinking of checking out Wilson creek and some trails around boulder. Let me know if you’d be interested.

Nice, did you go up the west side or down it? Feel like it could be a bit more fun going up it.

I did not see the Chrysler, I went on Thursday and I imagine lots of people out on Friday, I know I ran into a lot of people on Olsen creek yesterday. Olsen creeks gate was closed and so was south fork brackett creek. Ended the day checking out some of Jackson creek but didn’t see all of it since I ran out of daylight.

I’m thinking of checking out Wilson creek and some trails around boulder. Let me know if you’d be interested.
I went up the west side, it was fun- glad I had sliders in one boulder strewn wash but didn’t spill my coffee!

Yeah I’m down to ride Wilson creek, never been.

I went up the west side, it was fun- glad I had sliders in one boulder strewn wash but didn’t spill my coffee!

Yeah I’m down to ride Wilson creek, never been.
Yea glad I had sliders there too, only tapped going down but just a nice security. I haven’t been to Wilson creek either. Just let me know which day works on your end I’m out of work by 5 and good to go by 5:30. Monday or Wednesday might be good days if the weatherman hasn’t had too much to drink.

I'd be down to go for a drive after work some evening, sounds like fun! Haven't really gotten around to exploring some of the stuff closer to town, it would be nice to see what's around.

Headed out to check out the Wilson creek area this Wednesday if anyone is interested we are meeting at

45.45524, -111.24044

Around 6/6:15. We aim to check out the Wilson creek divide road, and if Mica mine is open. If both are closed we can drive another 10 min south and try moose creek.

Headed out to check out the Wilson creek area this Wednesday if anyone is interested we are meeting at

45.45524, -111.24044

Around 6/6:15. We aim to check out the Wilson creek divide road, and if Mica mine is open. If both are closed we can drive another 10 min south and try moose creek.
FYI, a quick look at the forest service maps road use maps would have told you that gate is closed.

FYI, a quick look at the forest service maps road use maps would have told you that gate is closed.
Where’s the fun in that? Haha you’re definitely right @ttFJC At least we aired down for the turnaround voyage *smarter not harder?
IMG_5434.jpeg

Where’s the fun in that? Haha you’re definitely right @ttFJC At least we aired down for the turnaround voyage *smarter not harder?
View attachment 3355223
I mean, I've done that more times then I can remember. IRCC there a couple cool places to find gypsum up there. If your into rocks and crystals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom