Custom Big Sky Country Mudflaps - Group Buy (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@REZARF Do you want to bump up to 2 sets to have a set for that new 60-series?

Hey @pigmony thanks for all this awesome work. Kudos! If it is not too late, please count me in for 1 set. Much appreciated!

@REZARF Do you want to bump up to 2 sets to have a set for that new 60-series?
Do they come with a 2F long block? Sorry I’ll stay at 1 set for now. However if you only need 2-3 more I think the club would buy them to use as give a ways!

The supplier is updating the quote and shipping based on the new quantity. I was hoping to hear back this morning, but nothing yet. Hopefully the order will be placed and confirmed this afternoon.

I've had a few messages about how to pay and when to pay.
For the locals: venmo is easiest for me, but cash and check are totally fine too. If you want to pay early and reduce the balance on my credit card, I appreciate it and can send you my venmo information or figure out how to meet up if cash or check is your thing. My preferred meetup location is underneath the fire escape in the alley behind Country Bookshelf, in the minutes between dusk and the streetlights turning on, and I prefer that your payment method be placed inside a plain brown paper bag.

For the non-locals: It looks like we can pop these into a flat rate USPS shipping box. That works out to $18-22, and that might just be the best option based on the weight and size of these things. I'm still investigating shipping to see if other options might be better. Venmo is probably the easiest payment method. Otherwise, I can message you my address and you can mail a check.

Thanks to everyone for showing interest in this little project. I'll keep you updated as we move forward.

The order has been placed and confirmed. A CNC programmer in southeast Indiana is converting the art proof into G and M code to be sent to a 3-axis milling machine. A CNC operator will square up a block of magnesium and break the edges before locking it into the fixturing of the milling machine. The milling machine will make magic noises and turn magnesium into chips. Then, if the programmer and the operator did a good job, a custom stamp will magically appear in the milling machine. An operator will then shear all of the 12" x 18" blanks to size. The blanks will be sent to the press where the magnesium stamp will be used to color-stamp the artwork onto the blanks. The now complete mudflaps will be packaged and shipped from Indiana to Bozeman; probably by way of Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, and Miles City. My poor local delivery driver will unload the packages onto my porch and curse my family for 10 generations for the pain in their back.

The order has been placed and confirmed. A CNC programmer in southeast Indiana is converting the art proof into G and M code to be sent to a 3-axis milling machine. A CNC operator will square up a block of magnesium and break the edges before locking it into the fixturing of the milling machine. The milling machine will make magic noises and turn magnesium into chips. Then, if the programmer and the operator did a good job, a custom stamp will magically appear in the milling machine. An operator will then shear all of the 12" x 18" blanks to size. The blanks will be sent to the press where the magnesium stamp will be used to color-stamp the artwork onto the blanks. The now complete mudflaps will be packaged and shipped from Indiana to Bozeman; probably by way of Los Angeles, Boston, Seattle, and Miles City. My poor local delivery driver will unload the packages onto my porch and curse my family for 10 generations for the pain in their back.

Awesome! And funny!

Let me know when you get a total and I can pay you now or when I roll through Bozeman

If there is an extra set you can throw me on the backup/waitlist.

Good job getting this all sorted and rolling 👍

Hey I’ll take a set. I’m in Boze. Can pay you locally. I can’t figure out how to post here. Hopefully you get this. Thanks.

I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number this morning. UPS says Monday delivery so, in my experience, that means Wednesday/Thursday delivery. Once I have them in hand I'll start direct messaging everyone to nail down details of how to get these to you.

If you are the sort that does a lot of direct messaging on here, this might be a good reminder to clean out your mailbox of old messages.

Also, it's likely going to take me a few days to get these distributed. We are smack in the middle of my job's busiest season and I am barely keeping my head above water between work and being a dad. Be like a 2F driver on a road trip: patient.

I got a shipping confirmation and tracking number this morning. UPS says Monday delivery so, in my experience, that means Wednesday/Thursday delivery. Once I have them in hand I'll start direct messaging everyone to nail down details of how to get these to you.

If you are the sort that does a lot of direct messaging on here, this might be a good reminder to clean out your mailbox of old messages.

Also, it's likely going to take me a few days to get these distributed. We are smack in the middle of my job's busiest season and I am barely keeping my head above water between work and being a dad. Be like a 2F driver on a road trip: patient.

Great! No rush on my end!

Thank you for doing this!

20230821_200946.jpg

Good news!

They have arrived, they look nice, and they are a good heavy material. I'm real pleased. I'll start sending out some direct messages to figure out the details for getting them to you all.

I'd like to try to deliver to some of you Bozeman area locals this weekend. Shoot me a message if you are going to be around.

Side note, my phone recently suffered a violent end to its' five year life. I lost quite a bit of data including contacts. So if you've texted me in the past I may not have your contact info anymore.
IMG_0283[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom