4xFletch's FJ55 restoration "Moose" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Vexvader is in that same area with a project 55.
Yep, I am here in Atlanta and have the LC bug as well. I have two of them. Let's connect sometime!! The pic of the 55 on a trailer is at Buc-ee's in Leeds Alabama on the way home from picking mine up in Mississippi. Welcome to the club!!!

009.jpg

037.jpg

034.jpg

It's been almost 2 years since I posted on this thread. Where has time gone and what have I been doing with myself... Have been making some progress on Moose. Got her running pretty good and the brakes working. Have been doing mass amounts of body work, replacing rocker panels and doing some wiring here and there. One distraction has been Calf, the 55 trailer (Which I have posted in the trailer tech thread).

Moose and calf are looking pretty good on their first drive together:
IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

Since I was asked what I have done under the hood, here you go with a couple of pictures:

Brake Booster, master cylinder and replaced a lot of brake lines. The front is already converted to disc. Has very good stopping power
New clutch master cylinder and hose to the slave cylinder
Rewired the entire ignition and installed a new (Non-OEM) fuse box.
Installed a new 130 amp alternator.
New Plugs, wires, cap and rotor.
Drained out the old fuel and refilled with Non-Ethanol. Added an inline filter to help catch junk in the tank.
Added Radiator overflow bottle and replaced rubber heater hoses.
Replaced rear output housing with dual seal set up from valley Hybrids. No more leaking
Added floor transfer case shifter. Unfortunately the dash parts were stuck.
New valve cover gasket and cleaned up cover and painted.
Installed a new steering stabilizer.
I have changed all fluids except the front axle since I plan to rebuild the knuckles soon. Nothing dire, just a peace of mind thing.

I think that covers all of the “under the hood” stuff. Runs pretty good and sounds good with the header and exhaust.

Engine 2.jpg

Engine 1.jpg

And why not a pair of those "blacked out" LED headlights that all the kids are doing these days:
Moose front.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom