4x4 Labs Rear Build Help Please (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, Im in the middle of building the rear bumper from 4x4 Labs and I'm at the part where I insert the spindles for the swingarms. When I look at the build thread, it says the spindle should be at least three quarter of an inch from the bumper base to the first machined edge. I'm at half an inch higher than that. So when I put the shell and bearings on the spindle, my arms will sit pretty high, maybe not even hit the stops. I think it looks weird, anyone else have this issue? I called their shop but I need help now if I can get it. I can simply cut it if I need to.

IMG_1784 2.jpeg

IMG_1742.jpeg

I've never done a 100 bumper, but my 70 series prototype kit came with spindles that were way too long and had to be cut down. If you just need a 1/2", you might be able to grind down the corner on the bottom of the spindle to make it fit tighter into the bumper shell. Better fit-up there will also make for a better weld on the bottom. I put my spindle pretty low to get the most engagement on the stop block, but a little higher would work fine.

IMG_20181008_152008567.jpg

I've never done a 100 bumper, but my 70 series prototype kit came with spindles that were way too long and had to be cut down. If you just need a 1/2", you might be able to grind down the corner on the bottom of the spindle to make it fit tighter into the bumper shell. Better fit-up there will also make for a better weld on the bottom. I put my spindle pretty low to get the most engagement on the stop block, but a little higher would work fine.

View attachment 1806294

I got it thank you, I thought I would try to call again and I go ahold of them. They said they prob sent some old spindles that were longer and just to cut the as I thought. No big deal but I wanted to make sure I didn't do something really stupid before I started welding. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom