4x4 Labs....Anyone? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm guessing their returns communication is in line withbsales, SLOW and thin. Sorry you had a hard time with them, but remember they are a small business with a handful of guys doing everything, and they make stuff for 100 series. They can't be all bad.

They might be a small business, but they are pretty terrible at communication and logistics. I was quoted 3 weeks for bumper kits, and here we are in week 9 with no product yet. I was told they shipped last week but tracking says label was created and that is it. They don't answer phone calls, and answer emails occasionally (I'm on the 3rd with no response right now) with responses that don't acknowledge the questions you ask.

I set my expectations pretty low in terms of timing, but I would have hoped they could at least get the shipping correct.

That bumper design is the worst I've seen of 4x4 labs in my opinion. That thing would match your truck better if it was black. I don't understand not returning your calls or emails. I think you should get a full refund including shipping. I think it would be nice if they went the extra mile and paid for the labor, it's only 200 bucks, but to be fair, it is somewhat obvious their is a problem with the bull bar. But on the other hand you don't expect that type of fabrication error from them.

You should try taking some ownership of the problem. First off, YOU, should have inspected the parts when they arrived. I assumed everybody who had ever worked on or purchased parts for their rig knew this. Because inevitably everyone gets burned on a deal. If you had taken the time to look you would have seen the weld problems, you would have seen how ugly that front bumper design looks, and you would have maybe surmised that the hoops weren't in the correct spot since it's a one off job that no one else had ordered before.

Then you could have left them on the pallet and made the decision to return them to Luke. His response was spot on, he took ownership, tried to save face for his employee and tried to minimize damage. He could have left out the part about not getting much traction on mud with your complaints. Though it's more than true, it just doesn't even need to be in the conversation.

I have no idea what the deal is with the refund portion. But I'm assuming that's going to be a non-issue now since you had your credit card company go after him. Like any other story I'm sure there are three sides YOURS, THEIRS, and the TRUTH. Thanks for sharing your experience.

You should try taking some ownership of the problem. First off, YOU, should have inspected the parts when they arrived. I assumed everybody who had ever worked on or purchased parts for their rig knew this. Because inevitably everyone gets burned on a deal. If you had taken the time to look you would have seen the weld problems, you would have seen how ugly that front bumper design looks, and you would have maybe surmised that the hoops weren't in the correct spot since it's a one off job that no one else had ordered before.

Then you could have left them on the pallet and made the decision to return them to Luke. His response was spot on, he took ownership, tried to save face for his employee and tried to minimize damage. He could have left out the part about not getting much traction on mud with your complaints. Though it's more than true, it just doesn't even need to be in the conversation.

I have no idea what the deal is with the refund portion. But I'm assuming that's going to be a non-issue now since you had your credit card company go after him. Like any other story I'm sure there are three sides YOURS, THEIRS, and the TRUTH. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Time for you to start doing some research to see how you are treated by 4x4 Labs. I have honestly represented the totallity of my experience completely and truly. Now, do you see Luke or HD of any 4x4 Labs people chiming in? NO! They are not standing up for themselves because they have nothing to say. NOTHING TO SAY! Do you hear me? I was not even shown a drawing or a picture of the intended bull bar design before it was produced.

I think you need to read the thread again, half K, cuz I did own up to not inspecting them. But, since 4x4 Labs couldn't live up to their word of refunding me, I rubbed it in their face. You have no idea what the deal is with the WHOLE of this transaction. Your not even sharing ANY TRUTH, BUT YOU DO HAVE A HUGE OPINION, don't you?

Time for you to start doing some research to see how you are treated by 4x4 Labs. I have honestly represented the totallity of my experience completely and truly. Now, do you see Luke or HD of any 4x4 Labs people chiming in? NO! They are not standing up for themselves because they have nothing to say. NOTHING TO SAY! Do you hear me? I was not even shown a drawing or a picture of the intended bull bar design before it was produced.

I think you need to read the thread again, half K, cuz I did own up to not inspecting them. But, since 4x4 Labs couldn't live up to their word of refunding me, I rubbed it in their face. You have no idea what the deal is with the WHOLE of this transaction. Your not even sharing ANY TRUTH, BUT YOU DO HAVE A HUGE OPINION, don't you?

I've actually dealt with both Luke and HD on multiple occasions. I did have an issue with one of the transactions and they took care of it no questions asked. I suspect the reason they aren't chiming in is because they are choosing not to validate what looks like a madman ranting. They can also see that you are doing a fine job of destroying your own credibility with your very pointed remarks and attacks. Let us know what you end up with bumper wise, I've been on the lookout for my new LX, haven't seen anything I can't live without yet.

I've actually dealt with both Luke and HD on multiple occasions. I did have an issue with one of the transactions and they took care of it no questions asked. I suspect the reason they aren't chiming in is because they are choosing not to validate what looks like a madman ranting. They can also see that you are doing a fine job of destroying your own credibility with your very pointed remarks and attacks. Let us know what you end up with bumper wise, I've been on the lookout for my new LX, haven't seen anything I can't live without yet.

That's funny! Standing up for yourself destroys your credibility guys, remember that, ok?!?! F-ing democratic party line!!

If you can do us the favor of getting Luke and HD's side of things, please do! I informed Luke of this thread, immediately after I started it. He acknowledged knowing of it.

The fact is still, to this day, no word from 4x4... one month after sending the bumpers back, which we very nicely packaged up for them:
image1.jpeg

My very pointed remarks and attacks are the full truth and nothing but the truth. I don't back up companies or people that abuse others for their business OR personal gains. Gotta Love the Haters!! Love ya half K! Hope you can see through your judgements to the truth of the matter:

That I'm dealing with a less than respectful company that produces low quality bumpers, that don't adhere to timeframes, honest communication, or honoring their word. That's what this is about. Glad I can share this with my LC Community!!

Maybe you guys will want a Delta VS bumper when you see mine....!!

That's funny! Standing up for yourself destroys your credibility guys, remember that, ok?!?! F-ing democratic party line!!

If you can do us the favor of getting Luke and HD's side of things, please do! I informed Luke of this thread, immediately after I started it. He acknowledged knowing of it.

The fact is still, to this day, no word from 4x4... one month after sending the bumpers back, which we very nicely packaged up for them:View attachment 1848955

My very pointed remarks and attacks are the full truth and nothing but the truth. I don't back up companies or people that abuse others for their business OR personal gains. Gotta Love the Haters!! Love ya half K! Hope you can see through your judgements to the truth of the matter:

That I'm dealing with a less than respectful company that produces low quality bumpers, that don't adhere to timeframes, honest communication, or honoring their word. That's what this is about. Glad I can share this with my LC Community!!

Maybe you guys will want a Delta VS bumper when you see mine....!!
What is Delta VS bumper you speak of? o_O

A couple of years ago I contacted 4x4labs about a basic rear bumper kit for my 81. After it took about two weeks to hear back about some basic questions I had (really just wanted a shipping quote) I decided not to take it any further. IMO if the communication prior to sale is poor it's going to be nonexistent if you have a problem after the product has been received.

I understand they're a small business, but I've dealt with a lot of small businesses that have great customer service so I don't think that's a much of an excuse.

@FJBroBri I work with Dave and Patrick a lot. Super solid guys that really know what they are doing.

I have seen your truck at their shop, you will not be disappointed with what they come up with for you.

Off topic: I judge a rear bumper by how much the spare tire vibrates when I smack it hard with my hand or grab it and shake it hard. 50-100lbs up high shaking or vibrating is such a no go to me. Some bumpers will only do it under very specific driving conditions but when they do it it can resonate and you think the truck is going to shake apart. From what I have seen Dave and crew is on this problem big time with very nice solutions.

Cheers

What is Delta VS bumper you speak of? o_O

Delta VS: DELTA is a manufacturer of engineered automotive accessories and a custom vehicle shop...specializing in Landcruiser and Diesel truck products.

They are designing and building a prototype 100 series front and rear bumper, right now, with my rig as a template!!

Delta VS: DELTA is a manufacturer of engineered automotive accessories and a custom vehicle shop...specializing in Landcruiser and Diesel truck products.

They are designing and building a prototype 100 series front and rear bumper, right now, with my rig as a template!!
Yes, I know Delta the company but wasn’t aware they had a 100 series bumper. When will it be done?

I'll just throw this our there, I talked to 4x4Labs on 11/27, sent them a few pictures they asked for, was told I would get an email back by 11/28 at the latest.. And here I am, so yeah, when is this Delta bumper gonna be done?

@FJBroBri I work with Dave and Patrick a lot. Super solid guys that really know what they are doing.

I have seen your truck at their shop, you will not be disappointed with what they come up with for you.

Off topic: I judge a rear bumper by how much the spare tire vibrates when I smack it hard with my hand or grab it and shake it hard. 50-100lbs up high shaking or vibrating is such a no go to me. Some bumpers will only do it under very specific driving conditions but when they do it it can resonate and you think the truck is going to shake apart. From what I have seen Dave and crew is on this problem big time with very nice solutions.

Cheers

Thanks for your input, Ian. It feels good to hear compliments about the shop doing the current bumper project. I'm impressed with Dave, Patrick, and Adam's work. They communicate very well too... do you recall? I bought a 4L60 from you when you visited Springfield a couple years ago...

I'll just throw this our there, I talked to 4x4Labs on 11/27, sent them a few pictures they asked for, was told I would get an email back by 11/28 at the latest.. And here I am, so yeah, when is this Delta bumper gonna be done?

I'm expecting a photo of the front bumper this week. I just got word from Dave that it's been welded up and being fitted this week. I'll post a photo as soon as I'm given a go ahead...!!

Dave says he has already begun a thread in the 100 series forum about the bumpers, so I'm sure he'll update ASAP with photos and dates of availability too.
Yes, I know Delta the company but wasn’t aware they had a 100 series bumper. When will it be done?

They might be a small business, but they are pretty terrible at communication and logistics. I was quoted 3 weeks for bumper kits, and here we are in week 9 with no product yet. I was told they shipped last week but tracking says label was created and that is it. They don't answer phone calls, and answer emails occasionally (I'm on the 3rd with no response right now) with responses that don't acknowledge the questions you ask.

I set my expectations pretty low in terms of timing, but I would have hoped they could at least get the shipping correct.

Do you want to update about your experience?

Thanks for your input, Ian. It feels good to hear compliments about the shop doing the current bumper project. I'm impressed with Dave, Patrick, and Adam's work. They communicate very well too... do you recall? I bought a 4L60 from you when you visited Springfield a couple years ago...

Haha crazy!

Ya I totally remember. So what did you do with it? That was a sweet trans with some mods. That came out of my 80 I rolled, best automatic I have ever had.

Cheers

Do you want to update about your experience?

I finally received my kits last Wednesday. I had sent out 4 emails, and left 3 voicemails trying to get clarification on if they even shipped (no verbal communication and also the tracking number they supplied showed it never even left).. no response at all until after the kits shockingly arrived.

I was on edge all week leading up to this, as Luke/HD/Fedex didn't even know where my +$2K in parts were. Thankfully, all parts appear to be top quality, and accounted for.. i hope.

I'm pretty displeased with their communication and lack of details.. Luke finally sent me an email saying "I'm 4 guys short this week. We have installs every day this week and a group buy going on until Christmas so nobody has been getting to the phones until later in the day. It's a little hectic this week so I apologize for the delay in communication."

Bottom line, I and am pleased with the quality of the kit, even though receiving the damn thing almost gave me an anxiety attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom