4x4 Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok guys....I put my rig in 4x4 mode today to get out of the snow... i locked the hubs and she drove like a true champ. Well when I got to work I unlocked the hubs and wanted to put it in 2 wheel drive mode. WEll I couldn't disengage her....Is there a trick to it? My buddy told me to unlock the hubs and put it in reverse and it'll kick right out.....I haven't tried that yet cause I'm at work....does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

-Los

Spymaster0077 said:
Ok guys....I put my rig in 4x4 mode today to get out of the snow... i locked the hubs and she drove like a true champ. Well when I got to work I unlocked the hubs and wanted to put it in 2 wheel drive mode. WEll I couldn't disengage her....Is there a trick to it? My buddy told me to unlock the hubs and put it in reverse and it'll kick right out.....I haven't tried that yet cause I'm at work....does anyone have any idea what's going on? Thanks!

-Los

Yep, slight driveline wind up, you need to reverse to let out some of that tension and it SHOULD go into 2WD pretty easy after that. Sometimes in town I drive over a curb or two and that seems to help too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom