4th of July campout pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alia176

SILVER Star
Threads
This holiday weekend took Isabelle and me (or should it be "I"?) to Pagosa Springs for a day/night then to meet up with friends to Navajo lake. The weather was perfect for this short trip and the bugs were quite manageable at Navajo lake. We tooled around Pagosa for few hours before heading to a friend's property for much needed relaxation in the tall pines. Few deer came through the camp and we heard elks in the vicinity.

The lake crew are bunch of Hundy owners with various mods and gadgets on their vehicles. There were infants and toddlers on this campout and I'm so impressed with these parents. Camping with babies isn't easy but these parents were doing a great job of managing the chaos. Thankfully we missed the rain while camping but did hit major bursts on the way home on Sat. I tell you what though, I don't miss playing Tetris with packing the gear around a baby and dogs. It looks like these families are heading toward building/acquiring trailers :rofl:

20190705_151503.jpg

20190705_205153.jpg

20190706_065322.jpg

View attachment 2023901

This holiday weekend took Isabelle and me (or should it be "I"?) to Pagosa Springs for a day/night then to meet up with friends to Navajo lake.

It's "me." Take out Isabelle …

"This holiday weekend took Isabelle and me to Pagosa Springs" and you have your answer. Putting "I" in there would sound weird.

"This holiday weekend took Isabelle and me to Pagosa Springs" and you have your answer. Putting "I" in there would sound weird.

I agree, that's how I use "me" vs "I" but it kinda sounded weird when I hear it for some reason.

1) English lessons over more pics?
2) Where did you learn English?
3) MONDAY TROLL

2) Where did you learn English?
Many moons ago I was a substitute (emergency) teacher. It was combat pay ($50/day, IIRC), but that is another story. I was the only math/science sub in the district, so they kept me busy. Problem was, when I had an "off" period they stuck me in other oddball classes as needed. One time was an English class. I learned more grammar teaching that class than I did it 12 years of grammar school.

Last edited:
I had the houseboat that was beached there Friday afternoon. Wanted to walk over but I had my hands full with family. I live in Durango and have two, 200 series. Will try to catch you guys on one of your trail runs.

I had the houseboat that was beached there Friday afternoon. Wanted to walk over but I had my hands full with family. I live in Durango and have two, 200 series. Will try to catch you guys on one of your trail runs.

NO WAY, that was you? Holy cow that house boat was cool!! Looking forward to meeting you Dustin.

This world is way too small.

Thanks, Really annoyed me that I did not go introduce myself, and then looked on the forum and noticed your post.

I'll be posting up a trip coming up next weekend for finishing up NMBDR, FYI.

@alia176 did you venture up Elwood? Curious how raging the stream crossings are. The Los Pinos is highest Ive seen in a while but they're putting a lot outta Vallacito

Were the hundys wearing CO or NM plates? My neighbor just bought a 2006 LX on the advice of a bunch of 100/LX owners that are or were planning several days at Navajo Lake. Wondering if it's the same crew. I hope to get Taghi to a meeting.

@alia176 did you venture up Elwood? Curious how raging the stream crossings are. The Los Pinos is highest Ive seen in a while but they're putting a lot outta Vallacito

No, I didn't venture out that way but I'd like to do a club trip to Kerr lake via Elwood pass this season, if possible.

Were the hundys wearing CO or NM plates? My neighbor just bought a 2006 LX on the advice of a bunch of 100/LX owners that are or were planning several days at Navajo Lake. Wondering if it's the same crew. I hope to get Taghi to a meeting.

The Hundys are all from ABQ. The name Taghi doesn't ring a bell but I'll ask the group.

We were on the Conejos over the weekend and it was still really high.

0B3BBD6B-1F3D-4BC2-973E-DFBBB540BC98.jpeg

That was us. We found Taghi's killer deal on his 2006. I drove past it everyday for the past 3 months to work and always thought it was a 2003-2005 because the gold emblems and those year wheels. Turns out the original owner took it back to the dealer to get the golf emblems and 2005 wheels put on lol. If I'd known it was a 2006 I would have snatched it up!

That was us. We found Taghi's killer deal on his 2006. I drove past it everyday for the past 3 months to work and always thought it was a 2003-2005 because the gold emblems and those year wheels. Turns out the original owner took it back to the dealer to get the golf emblems and 2005 wheels put on lol. If I'd known it was a 2006 I would have snatched it up!

He got a deal on that ride. It's a June 2005 production, crazy that it's a 2006. With that production date, I wonder if it left the dealer's lot that way originally.

He got a deal on that ride. It's a June 2005 production, crazy that it's a 2006. With that production date, I wonder if it left the dealer's lot that way originally.

I initially thought maybe it just got the '06 mark without having vvti and the other '06 changes. I later confirmed it did have the vvti and we found on Lexusdriver that early on, the owner took it back to the dealer to get the sub '05 wheels with gold emblems put on and all the badges switched out with gold ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom