48 State Cruisers? New Group? (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested ?

• Hell yes

• Yes

• Maybe so

Results are only viewable after voting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

Myself and another MUD member were thinking of starting a group called 48 State Cruisers for Land Cruisers in the state of Arizona. We would love to have monthly and maybe even weekly meets and runs. Would be nice to meet all of you guys in person. Every time I see a Land Cruiser on the road I want to say hi, so hopefully we can make it happen? Just trying to get a feel on who would want to go on meets and maybe runs in the near future. We land cruisers need to be united in this state 48.

Sincerely,
The AZ Cruiser
youtube.com/theazcruiser

164436996_168419108457107_1883768472791673988_n.jpg

Why reinvent the wheel CSC is pretty accommodating and open to all cruisers. I have planned several runs including the annual "Classic Cruize" a couple of times, and been in charge of monthly meetings at least for the Tucson area. Having said that being a cruiser head i love get get together and talk shop about cruisers and would like to get to know as many 40 series owners as possible or at least in the Tucson area. But I will give you a follow on youtube.

Why reinvent the wheel CSC is pretty accommodating and open to all cruisers. I have planned several runs including the annual "Classic Cruize" a couple of times, and been in charge of monthly meetings at least for the Tucson area. Having said that being a cruiser head i love get get together and talk shop about cruisers and would like to get to know as many 40 series owners as possible or at least in the Tucson area. But I will give you a follow on youtube.
I have nothing against copper state cruisers. I am posting in the copper state forum so no disrespect. But myself and another mud member were feeling they aren't really any meets or runs for the phoenix area? We are gauging interest and then maybe planning something here and on instagram.

I have nothing against copper state cruisers. I am posting in the copper state forum so no disrespect. But myself and another mud member were feeling they aren't really any meets or runs for the phoenix area? We are gauging interest and then maybe planning something here and on instagram.

I can see you thinking there is a need for a more active land cruiser group, but I suspect you have seen the worst of this example as of late. There are typically monthly club meetings as well as organized monthly club runs, but the past year has all but killed that. Anyone can post up a run on this forum and can open it up for others to join. They can be as structured or unstructured as the poster wants.
There probably won’t be any sanctioned club runs/events until the potential liability for a land cruiser zombie Covid outbreak is a bit more in the rear view.

:beer::steer:

I can see you thinking there is a need for a more active land cruiser group, but I suspect you have seen the worst of this example as of late. There are typically monthly club meetings as well as organized monthly club runs, but the past year has all but killed that. Anyone can post up a run on this forum and can open it up for others to join. They can be as structured or unstructured as the poster wants.
There probably won’t be any sanctioned club runs/events until the potential liability for a land cruiser zombie Covid outbreak is a bit more in the rear view.

:beer::steer:
Yes. This is more of a unstructured and open run. So attempt at your own risk. But currently just planning to do a casual meet with other land cruisers in the area.

Might be of interest to you. A few people have suffered the unintended consequences of not having a permit. Another good resource is the TRAL organization.

Put up some ideas and see if you get some interest, I think people are anxious to get out.

you could meet some people here too.

Hi all,

Myself and another MUD member were thinking of starting a group called 48 State Cruisers for Land Cruisers in the state of Arizona.
Where's the option for 'there's already a club that offers this exact thing, so what's the point?'

Actually, there are (at least) two AZ LC clubs. But you do you. No offense taken or intended.

Last edited:
Where's the option for 'there's already a club that offers this exact thing, so what's the point?'

Actually, there are (at least) two AZ LC clubs. But you do you. No offense taken or intended.
None taken I think everyone got the point of this post ;)

There are already so many "State 48 ______" groups out there, at least on the Instagram scene. I think CSC has a fantastic community and I frequently see meet ups and group runs being scheduled, so I'm not really sure what adding another group with the same exact premise will achieve. Like it or not, these are still COVID times and group activities are going to be limited. I know that I haven't gone on any of the unofficial runs this past year because of my work at a high-risk Alzheimer's long term care facility, spending plenty of time in COVID ICUs and other afflicted units in the hospital for clinical hours, and the fact that getting COVID would mean me missing school (which will still result in a "failure to meet course requirements" situation). It's just not a risk myself or many other people are willing to take. I'm sure this will be changing soon though and things will begin to return to whatever normal is.

There's obviously nothing wrong with starting a group of your own, it's just that the LC community in general is so small that I think it's more beneficial to focus and grow the existing groups more than spreading saturating everything so to speak. But maybe if you used it as an opportunity to bridge two communities together, that could work. I know there are many on this forum who don't use social media a whole lot and many of the LC guys I've seen on IG who don't do internet forums. Maybe bringing people here would bring people there sorta thing.

I dont know how small the LandCruiser community is in AZ... this club has over 500 members and a good portion of them active in any other (*non-WUHAN) year as far as activities. I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine of monthly meetings and welcoming new members,

There are already so many "State 48 ______" groups out there, at least on the Instagram scene. I think CSC has a fantastic community and I frequently see meet ups and group runs being scheduled, so I'm not really sure what adding another group with the same exact premise will achieve. Like it or not, these are still COVID times and group activities are going to be limited. I know that I haven't gone on any of the unofficial runs this past year because of my work at a high-risk Alzheimer's long term care facility, spending plenty of time in COVID ICUs and other afflicted units in the hospital for clinical hours, and the fact that getting COVID would mean me missing school (which will still result in a "failure to meet course requirements" situation). It's just not a risk myself or many other people are willing to take. I'm sure this will be changing soon though and things will begin to return to whatever normal is.

There's obviously nothing wrong with starting a group of your own, it's just that the LC community in general is so small that I think it's more beneficial to focus and grow the existing groups more than spreading saturating everything so to speak. But maybe if you used it as an opportunity to bridge two communities together, that could work. I know there are many on this forum who don't use social media a whole lot and many of the LC guys I've seen on IG who don't do internet forums. Maybe bringing people here would bring people there sorta thing.
Yeah the land cruiser community is small but it feels even smaller when we don't have meet ups. The covid thing is an issue I see that, but there's no reason we can't have a meet up and not wear a 😷 or be 6ft apart. I'm a frontline worker so I
I dont know how small the LandCruiser community is in AZ... this club has over 500 members and a good portion of them active in any other (*non-WUHAN) year as far as activities. I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine of monthly meetings and welcoming new members,
I agree with you. That's kind of the reason for my post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom