40th Anniversary build nearing completion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have not had time recently to post up a build thread with two projects in process right now. (Grand Wagoneer and 97 40th.) I just got my 40th out of the shop and cleaned up for a 4th of July show this weekend and wanted to post a quick shot.

I just finished updating my build cost spreadsheet for this thing. Wow! that was a mistake! It was $2k more than what I thought I had spent. Little things add up. As crazy as 80 prices are I think I am actually still in the money on this one. I have zero plans to sell but it is nice to have it almost done. Only item left to install are the Mosley Leather seats.

I may add a set of black sliders to finish off the underside but they are only for looks as this rig won't get dirty. The cost + shipping on those things seem high to me and I have no plans for bumper upgrades. It kind of needs a set of vintage Yakima's but it just clears my garage as it is.

1997 40th
278k miles
rust-free
1AA1386E-2776-47B3-B975-69EE4E66C384.jpeg

Nice rig! I just bought a 40th as well. Wondering if you have the console badge. Mine is missing :/

Nice rig! I just bought a 40th as well. Wondering if you have the console badge. Mine is missing :/
I have my original and have been very careful to replace it when I put the new wood kit on. I have thought about the case of replacing a missing one. I think I would try to visit a trophy shop and present photographs and measurements of the original emblems. I think a good Trophy shop has access to stainless or aluminum badges for "multi-year" plaques. Those badges come in several sizes can be engraved with modern technology to replicate the original script. A guy might spend $100+ to have it done right but I am sure it could be done an look even better than the original plastic/resin coated emblem.

I found this quote on the web at an awards/trophy shop:

"Aluminum plaques can be produced at any size, anodized in any colour, and include full colour graphics designed to your requirements. These plaques include aluminum stand-offs for mounting and can be applied flat to most indoor surfaces. Pricing is based on overall size and quantity. Please inquire for details"

I think a brushed silver aluminum plaque with rounded edges can be custom / laser engraved with today's technology and look amazing. Probably better than original.

Last edited:
@jchan915 Found this on eBay for the console badge:

Australian model only.

the eBay 40th is for an Australian model only. You need a badge like this one
4C3B965A-175C-4088-B586-C634573CAFE2.jpeg

0262C92E-251B-48E1-8998-7587CFAEB60F.jpeg

I have my original and have been very careful to replace it when I put the new wood kit on. I have thought about the case of replacing a missing one. I think I would try to visit a trophy shop and present photographs and measurements of the original emblems. I think a good Trophy shop has access to stainless or aluminum badges for "multi-year" plaques. Those badges come in several sizes can be engraved with modern technology to replicate the original script. A guy might spend $100+ to have it done right but I am sure it could be done an look even better than the original plastic/resin coated emblem.

I found this quote on the web at an awards/trophy shop:

"Aluminum plaques can be produced at any size, anodized in any colour, and include full colour graphics designed to your requirements. These plaques include aluminum stand-offs for mounting and can be applied flat to most indoor surfaces. Pricing is based on overall size and quantity. Please inquire for details"

I think a brushed silver aluminum plaque with rounded edges can be custom / laser engraved with today's technology and look amazing. Probably better than original.
Thanks for the information! Really appreciate it!

I think the previous owner replaced the wood trim with the badge. I will try to see if I can find any 40th anniversary owner will part it out.. haha

Seats are complete. Working on the install. The leather is fantastic. Thank you Mosley Motors! Wish I could have saved the original but they were just too far gone to ever be perfect.
tempImageN1cGuR.png

tempImageYvG1Me.png

tempImageK5pZZD.png

AAF17344-C043-45C9-A1A7-16A9DE360300.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom