Collector edition/40th anniversary trim (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I own a collector’s edition 80 series & after searching all over for new side moldings. With no luck I’ve decided I’ll just make new ones.

Researching here, I’ve read that there are two versions available & they’re both not very good. Ive read there is the overseas version for the Vx models (larger) and another thinner set that have 4 wheel drive script on the front door moldings. The correct moldings for these models would be a non script version & that’s what I plan to make. The rear quarter panel moldings will have the cutout for the rear reflectors. These will be sold as a full set only. Intended for 40th anniversary and collector edition models.

Will include:
8 side moldings - Four moldings for each side.

All new product & exactly as oem. Materials will include UV protection.

Timeline: 3-4 months from date of deposit & cost not sure yet. I need to gather all my costs.
Payment: Deposit will ensure a set of moldings. You can cancel at anytime and receive your full deposit if you change your mind.

If you’re interested please comment below and I’ll add you to a list of interested buyers.

Thanks

Note: I have another thread regarding reproducing Black pearl collectors edition / 40th anniversary badges as well. If you’re interested in a set of those please comment on that thread to not confuse the two. Lastly. I own a company that makes oem style reproduction dashes. Just like the factory offered them when new. I will be making a separate post regarding those for anyone who’s interested in a dash for a Fj80 / fzj80 / fj60 /fj62.

Thanks I’m advance.

Photos taken from bat listing for reference. #blackpearl #collectorsedition #40thanniversary #sidemolding

IMG_6492.jpeg

IMG_6491.jpeg

IMG_6494.jpeg

IMG_6493.jpeg

IMG_6487.jpeg

I’m in. 👍🏾

Interested

Interested!

Wonder if different colors might be an option for the molding?

Interested, but curious as to ballpark cost, if you have an estimate yet.

The 80 to me need some sort of moulding treatment to break up the run of the panels.

You have my vote, please put me down on the buyer's list pending cost. Thanks.

Please let me know what info I should provide.

This would be a welcomed set if you can make them for a decent cost. I'm sure there are a lot of people looking for these.

Hello all,

I’m back. Life has been extremely busy with business and two small ones.

Quick update. The pricing for a set 40th/collector’s edition belt molding was astronomical with the previous manufacturer. I decided to use a different manufacturer that I have used in the past. Just waiting on final pricing.

Project is still happening just trying to iron out the best price and quality. Please continue to add your name to the thread so I can keep track of anyone who’d like a set molding/belt trim. If you’re also looking for a set of 40th/Collectors edition badges the same happened as stated above. I’ve update that thread as well. Please add your name to that thread if you’re interested in those parts.

Thanks for your patience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom