40's Only 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

isn't there something planned for the last weekend, i'm supposed to go on another adventure but would pass on it for a bunch of 40's

isn't there something planned for the last weekend, i'm supposed to go on another adventure but would pass on it for a bunch of 40's
A 40 only trip trumps a lot of things!

I'll be on the Magruder the 23rd-25th. 40s only on the Magruder?

I'll be on the Magruder the 23rd-25th. 40s only on the Magruder?
I’m not old and that sounds like a backache. Oof. But on a side note when ever you snooty real land cruisers people decide on a date I’m seriously trying to find a seat in someone’s 40 and I promise at least 1000 amazing pictures for all you snobs to cherish the one time y’all got together. Haha I’m joking but seriously.

I’m not old and that sounds like a backache. Oof. But on a side note when ever you snooty real land cruisers people decide on a date I’m seriously trying to find a seat in someone’s 40 and I promise at least 1000 amazing pictures for all you snobs to cherish the one time y’all got together. Haha I’m joking but seriously.
We'd probably need to add extra days too. Just getting to the Magruder might be a 2 day effort for some 40s.

Soooooo, no 40's trip this Sunday??????

I'm not going to be able to make it this weekend.

I will propose 8/21 and or 8/22
The later we push this the more likely my 40 is running again. :bounce:

8/21 or 22 has more likes then 7/24 or 25 so lets do 8/21. Drew you have a month to fix + a week of testing lol

I now officially own a 40. Polly and I went down to colorado the week of 4th of July to see family and in a very bittersweet way picked up the 40. Earlier in the thread I posted how Bob, a great friend and mentor, was going to sell the truck to us.

I was unable to purchase his pride and joy from him and this is the sad part.

Bob lost his battle with lung cancer on June 14th. Truly a great man and now we will do everything we can to keep his truck on the road. We spent a few days when we were down in Colorado with his wife Judy helping her go through the garage, labeling parts, what to sell them for, cleaning and otherwise just doing what we could to make her life just a little bit easier. After hanging out with Judy and learning a lot more about our friends life we've decided to name the cruiser Bob in his memory.

It has been sitting for 2 years at this point and after trying to get it to start and continue running (giving any gas would kill it) while we were in Colorado I ordered a fuel pump, filter and carb rebuild kit. Spent this past Tuesday morning before work pulling/tearing the carb down, lunch cleaning, after work assembling and installing the carb - fuel pump - and filter + fixed some electrical gremlins in order to get it to run. I also removed the temporarily installed hard top (for the trip back, best way to protect the fiberglass) and installed the family cage bikini top. The reason for the 15+ hour day at OC was because our anniversary was Wednesday and I knew Bob would have wanted me to pull out all the stops and would've been on the phone explaining/coaching me through all his weird electrical and reasoning behind an electric pump vs an OEM cam driven pump if he could have so that I could take Polly to dinner in it. Interestingly enough our anniversary is exactly 1 month from his passing and I know he was smiling up there yesterday knowing his cruiser is on the road again.

Definitely excited about this Cruiser and continuing Bobs awesome work on it. I think I am going to continue updating Bobs original thread when I get a chance to

PXL_20210714_190139130.jpg

215157669_4313965828664214_8212856635364701440_n.jpg

Sorry to hear about Bob. I really do hope you continue that thread. I think it would be a very cool gesture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom