4" Lift Springs? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone tried using Alcan's leaves with the "orbit" flex joints?
What is the typical cost of a set of 4" or 5" springs.

Springs

I had a set of Alcans on my Toyota truck. They bent. Currently, my brother has a set on his truck. Also bent. Here's the deal. The best spring will have more leafs of a thinner material. This gives more flex without sagging than a set of springs that has fewer, thicker leafs. Think about it; what will flex more, a thin leaf or a thick leaf? That is why OMEs have been so widely praised, they're built right. I have 175,000 miles on the same set. No bending, breaking or sagging. Just my two cent's worth.

I had a set of Alcans on my Toyota truck. They bent. Currently, my brother has a set on his truck. Also bent. Here's the deal. The best spring will have more leafs of a thinner material. This gives more flex without sagging than a set of springs that has fewer, thicker leafs. Think about it; what will flex more, a thin leaf or a thick leaf? That is why OMEs have been so widely praised, they're built right. I have 175,000 miles on the same set. No bending, breaking or sagging. Just my two cent's worth.

Lehiguy, can you explain where they bent, and how your truck and your brother's truck was set up, and under what circumstances they bent. I run Alcans and am interested in how this occurred.

Thanks
Ex

Lehiguy, can you explain where they bent, and how your truck and your brother's truck was set up, and under what circumstances they bent. I run Alcans and am interested in how this occurred.

Thanks
Ex

My bottom leafs bent. My brother bent the top leafs near the eye of the spring. We both used them to the max with a suspension that made for maximum articulation. It seems the have a lower RBM than they should.

My bottom leafs bent. My brother bent the top leafs near the eye of the spring. We both used them to the max with a suspension that made for maximum articulation. It seems the have a lower RBM than they should.

I still don't understand what you mean. Do they have an "S" curve now? Did the upper leaves bend up away from the rest of the pack?

RBM??

I know of a set of 4" parabolic springs from Heystee being installed tonite on Hank's FJ62....I'm patiently waiting for his report on them ;)

I still don't understand what you mean. Do they have an "S" curve now? Did the upper leaves bend up away from the rest of the pack?

RBM??

Sorry for the slow response. My bottom leaves were noticeably bent. They had much less arch then the rest of the spring pack. On my brother's truck, there is a slight upward bend just behind the spring eye which makes the truck sag to one side. RBM is Resisting Bending Moment; the point to which you can flex something and still return to the original position. One step beyond the RBM of any given object or material is a bend or a fracture.

I know of a set of 4" parabolic springs from Heystee being installed tonite on Hank's FJ62....I'm patiently waiting for his report on them ;)

I saw his thread and I can't WAIT for that write up!! I have wanted parabolic's since I first heard of them but they didn't get me enough lift. I would love a 4" parabolic setup!!

cause a spring over is so easy most people would rather go that route. why waste time and money on R&D on a product thats not likely to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom