3rd Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit - MLK 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I think we will probably leave Bham around 10-11am, that will put us there around 3-4pm (we lose an hour w/ eastern time) If we get up there early enough we can hit a trail, just depends what the group wants to do.
Good deal! I may caravan with y’all if the timing g works out.

I've picked up one of those UV5R baofeng radios. What channel does the group usually use for coordinatingI
I've got the programming cable for CHIRP in my rig if you want to borrow it. It'll set up the GMRS channels for you.

I've got the programming cable for CHIRP in my rig if you want to borrow it. It'll set up the GMRS channels for you.
Awesome thanks

Update: Plan is to meet up Friday morning 1/15 @ 10:30am at Billy's in Liberty Park right off I-459 (where our club meetings are). Be gassed up and ready to go.

Something in the ignition in the 55 is messed up. It’s hot wired for now. Will have to pull the dash to hunt it all down. If it’s not fixed, will trailer for sure.
Good times!! :D

We've got a pretty diverse group of cruisers coming...

List of guys going: ( 1 FJ55, 3 FJ60, 1 HZJ73, 4 FZJ80, 4 UZJ100, 2 URJ200)

Cole - FZJ80 @Bama4door
Zach - FZJ80 @Zjohnsonua
Clay - FJ55 @TachedOutOffRoad
Stephen - FJ60 @Forerunner
Joel - FJ62 @Tennessee80
Tone - UZJ100 @tone33
Dan - FJ60 @ukaviator
Bob - URJ200 @highrisk
Ashton - FZJ80 @IPman32
Matthew - UZJ100
David H - FZJ80
Wes - URJ200
Charles - HZJ73 @ToyosandHam
Brett - UZJ100 @thebeedeegee
Clarence -UZJ100 @booradley

Game time decision:
Mark - LX570

Last edited:
I'm torn between the 60 and the 80. 16 will be more fun in the 80. 60 will be more fun in general with the fresh engine. It'll be a game time decision.

We've got a pretty diverse group of cruisers coming...

List of guys going: ( 1 FJ55, 4 FJ60, 1 HZJ73, 2 FZJ80, 2 UZJ100, 2 URJ200)

Cole - undecided @Bama4door
Zach - FJ60 @Zjohnsonua
Clay - FJ55 @TachedOutOffRoad
Ron - PowerWagon @slawninja
Stephen - FJ60 @Forerunner
Joel - FJ62 @Tennessee80
Tone - UZJ100 @tone33
Dan - FJ60 @ukaviator
Bob - URJ200 @highrisk
Ashton - FZJ80 @IPman32
Matthew - UZJ100
David H - FZJ80
Wes - URJ200
Charles - HZJ73 @ToyosandHam
You can add me to that list. My name is Brett in a 100 series

I'm torn between the 60 and the 80. 16 will be more fun in the 80. 60 will be more fun in general with the fresh engine. It'll be a game time decision.
I'm in the same boat, torn between bringing 60 or 80. It looks like Tone @tone33 is bringing his 100 this year after his 80 got beat up at the Cove last weekend :).

So I'm not sure we will have a group for Trail 16 this year. But we will see how it goes...

Also, we are doing Chili one night (prob Saturday night). Stephen @Forerunner has graciously offered to cook it up for us, so we ask everyone throw in $5 to help out.

Thanks Stephen! For a simple reference point, @highrisk and I made the large batch last year, and I believe we used about 7 pounds of ground beef, and obviously used institutional number 10 cans of tomato and bean products, LOL. To prevent it from burning or scorching on the bottom, we made it in the morning and cooked it all day in the oven set at about 275° While we were on the trail.

In our little cabin, we will be making a chicken, green chili and white bean version in case anyone can’t eat red meat. we will bring that over!

Thanks Stephen! For a simple reference point, @highrisk and I made the large batch last year, and I believe we used about 7 pounds of ground beef, and obviously used institutional number 10 cans of tomato and bean products, LOL. To prevent it from burning or scorching on the bottom, we made it in the morning and cooked it all day in the oven set at about 275° While we were on the trail.

In our little cabin, we will be making a chicken, green chili and white bean version in case anyone can’t eat red meat. we will bring that over!
Sweet, thanks for the info Joel! Looking forward to next weekend, it's going to be a good one. I'm glad I bought more swag than I thought we need, we've got a big group this year!

I'm in the same boat, torn between bringing 60 or 80. It looks like Tone @tone33 is bringing his 100 this year after his 80 got beat up at the Cove last weekend :).

So I'm not sure we will have a group for Trail 16 this year. But we will see how it goes...

Also, we are doing Chili one night (prob Saturday night). Stephen @Forerunner has graciously offered to cook it up for us, so we ask everyone throw in $5 to help out.
My 100 is built though - 35s, 3" lift, sliders, bumper, winch. But no undercarriage armor and running Cardone axles. I'd rather not be changing an axle on the trail :geek:. And yea, the 80 had a few outside dents, dings, and crunches last weekend, and lots of winch usage :) - but it's still running strong!

The Yurt's do look pretty cool. I also noticed that some 4 person cabins have come open recently (they were all sold out a few weeks ago).

Windrock is a great park, there's so much to explore there. I've been at least 7-8 times and still haven't been on 1/2 the trails, or more.
I think there's a reason the yurts arent booked out in the winter :rofl:. Looks mighty cold in there. I'm planning to tent camp - i think i'll be warmer. Although a buddy heater in a yurt may help out some.

I think there's a reason the yurts arent booked out in the winter :rofl:. Looks mighty cold in there. I'm planning to tent camp - i think i'll be warmer. Although a buddy heater in a yurt may help out some.
You not bringing the fam? I thought y’all were getting a cabin? I think a mr buddy in a yurt wouldn’t be terrible, but you’re right I bet they’re Cold!

LOL yeah I've been going back and forth on it. I looked into the 1 bedroom cabins but I don't really wanna spend damn near $400 on top of the permits and gas. If they have an electrical hookup there at the yurt I'll just bring a space heater if not.....well maybe it'll build some character in my 8 year old...and me as well.

LOL yeah I've been going back and forth on it. I looked into the 1 bedroom cabins but I don't really wanna spend damn near $400 on top of the permits and gas. If they have an electrical hookup there at the yurt I'll just bring a space heater if not.....well maybe it'll build some character in my 8 year old...and me as well.
I don’t think yurts have power. But just bring a buddy heater and propane bottles, y’all would be fine

I saw a primitive bunkhouse available that is cheaper, but I'm with you, I'm saving my pennies on lodging for the next upgrade :) (or to pay off the last one!)

I saw a primitive bunkhouse available that is cheaper, but I'm with you, I'm saving my pennies on lodging for the next upgrade :) (or to pay off the last one!)
Yeah exactly. I forgot about the propane heater option I need to have one of those around anyway ill go pick one up. Looking forward to some wheeling

I'm building my sliders now...pipe bends are hard yo .

Yeah exactly. I forgot about the propane heater option I need to have one of those around anyway ill go pick one up. Looking forward to some wheeling

I'm building my sliders now...pipe bends are hard yo .
Post some pics of the progress. I was looking through your bumper build thread the other day, I’m impressed. Not easy to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom