3rd Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit - MLK 2021 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I may bring my 8 year old but he tends to get bored on trail rides so I dunno. He will say he wants to go but after an hour on the trail he's bored, but that's usually when we are by ourselves. Letting him drive in my lap helps but I imagine that's a no go at this park haha

kids these days :D

There will be kids here, we’re always family friendly.

Sounds good.

I’ll have an 11 year old, maybe another, maybe a 14 year old.

Last edited:
Almost a week out and it looks like the weather is going to be decent. It’s rained pretty good for a day or so the past 2 years, so you never know.

The cabin we have for the DLC guys is booked up and Joel @Tennessee80 was able to find a cabin for the MCC Nashville guys.

We’ve still got a good amount of people that will be camping as well. I think some guys will camp in the backyard of our cabin and some others are getting primitive spots.

I also got some swag made up for CCWS, should be here early next week.

We are looking forward to it! It is turning into a tradtion. Traditions turn into events! The kids are pumped to go as well.

I'm trying hard to make it. My 8 year old wants to go. We plan to camp in the truck.

I'm hoping to get at least the main rail of my sliders built so I can run some of the more technical trails. We'll see how that goes.

I'm trying hard to make it. My 8 year old wants to go. We plan to camp in the truck.

I'm hoping to get at least the main rail of my sliders built so I can run some of the more technical trails. We'll see how that goes.
Cole has mapped out each day with tentative trails to run. Sliders are always helpful....! As long as the main rail protects your rockers you are good...Just don't ask Cole to go up Trail 13~~!!

Cole has mapped out each day with tentative trails to run. Sliders are always helpful....! As long as the main rail protects your rockers you are good...Just don't ask Cole to go up Trail 13~~!!
Trail 13:

Here I am trying to figure out how to keep the lift from sinking into the mud to change Joel’s tire (where he bent a steel wheel on a rock and the tire came off the rim).
79B42536-1A79-44DF-A2E6-9542E92FE52B.jpeg

About 2-3 hours before this pic, I slid the back end of my wife’s LX470 into a massive downed tree that was blocking the trail. It was pouring down rain and my back tires slid off some rocks into the tree.

All that to say, Trail 13 wasn’t friendly to us that year lol. Oh and come to find out the trail dead ends (which we didn’t know).

If I bring 2-3 kids like it looks like, I may puss out and trailer the 55 there. One less thing to worry about.

y’all can make fun of me if you’d like, but you don’t get to take a hot lap in the the 2UZ, manual trans, 80 chassis, FJ55 if you do :D

View attachment 2545851
Don't blame you! We will just expect you to hit the double black's now :)

Should I plan to buy my permit before I get there or can I just get it once I arrive? Do they every "sell out" or anything like that.

Should I plan to buy my permit before I get there or can I just get it once I arrive? Do they every "sell out" or anything like that.
You can buy it once you get there, they never sell out. You can buy a day pass (~$30) or get an annual pass ($100).

You can buy it once you get there, they never sell out. You can buy a day pass (~$30) or get an annual pass ($100).
Cool, I think we may get a Yurt. The view looks killer, but it looks pretty cold haha. Seems like the truck might actually keep us warmer, but I would like somewhere to be able to chill at the end of the day and pull stuff out of the truck. I'm pumped I've been watching the videos from the last trips. I actually got my materials for my slider build yesterday so I'm going to try my damndest to get something built over the weekend.

Cool, I think we may get a Yurt. The view looks killer, but it looks pretty cold haha. Seems like the truck might actually keep us warmer, but I would like somewhere to be able to chill at the end of the day and pull stuff out of the truck. I'm pumped I've been watching the videos from the last trips. I actually got my materials for my slider build yesterday so I'm going to try my damndest to get something built over the weekend.
The Yurt's do look pretty cool. I also noticed that some 4 person cabins have come open recently (they were all sold out a few weeks ago).

Windrock is a great park, there's so much to explore there. I've been at least 7-8 times and still haven't been on 1/2 the trails, or more.

Guys what’s the plan for Friday? Is everyone just getting there to settle in and set up camp? Are we hitting trails that day? I myself will be getting there mid morning/early afternoon. Just curious as to what everyone else was doing.

Guys what’s the plan for Friday? Is everyone just getting there to settle in and set up camp? Are we hitting trails that day? I myself will be getting there mid morning/early afternoon. Just curious as to what everyone else was doing.
I think we will probably leave Bham around 10-11am, that will put us there around 3-4pm (we lose an hour w/ eastern time) If we get up there early enough we can hit a trail, just depends what the group wants to do.

I've picked up one of those UV5R baofeng radios. What channel does the group usually use for coordinating stuff?

I've picked up one of those UV5R baofeng radios. What channel does the group usually use for coordinating stuff?
462.650 is what we've been using recently. But we usually decide when we get together. No set club channel (yet)

usually a GMRS frequency, you can tune in and "listen" with a baofeng. print this and take with you.

Midland-Frequency-Channel-Chart.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom