3b vs 13bt clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi im buying a new clutch for my bj70 which has a 3b motor and I wanted to know if the 13bt clutch can interchage with the 3b?

i can get a clutch for a 13bt with clamp load of 900kg where as the 3b clutch with 730kg (both heavy duty)
and my turbo 3b slips the clutch i have know (heavy duty clutch not sure on brand though) so i thought id go 900kg if i can.

from my reasearch so far i think the 3b and 13bt flywheels are identical?

but the 13bt clutch is 275mm and the 3b clutch is 260mm

so my question is can I run the 13bt clutch in my 3b with no mods?

has anyone done it?

heres the link to the clutch i might get not 100% sure yet

http://www.xtremeoutback.com.au/en/catalogue

Thanks!

so by step do you mean that the surface where the clutch plate bolts to is machined lower than the friction surface of the flywheel?
any idea how much the friction surface sticks up higher than the mounting face for a 13bt flywheel?

if i do step my 3b flywheel do you think the 13bt clutch will work fine? also is the friction surface on the 3b flywheel smaller than the 13bt because the its a bigger clutch or is the flywheels both the same size and just one has a step and the other dosnt?

Thanks!

I'm looking at the problem right now - I have a 3Bii flywheel (still in the vehicle so I can't get a look at it) and want to fit a heavy duty 13B-T clutch. It will be an 8 bolt flywheel and has the same outer diameter as the 13B-T flywheel, but I'm interested to know if the machined surface of the 3Bii flywheel will be compatible with the 275 mm 13B-T clutch disc.

According to the EPC, the factory 3Bii clutch disc is 263mm, but everything I have read online (admittedly not much) suggests that a 275 mm clutch bolts straight on.

Would appreciate any insights you have,

EO

The bolt pattern is the same. If your 3b flywheel doesn't have a step then you just need it machined on. If it does then the area that contacts the friction plate will most likely be smaller diameter. There's probably nothing stopping you using the 13bt pressure plate with the 3b clutch disc, or the 13bt pressure plate and clutch disc with the undersized flywheel. In both cases you'll get less clamping force. Or you could have the flywheel machined flat, then the step recut for a 275 disc (you'll lose 0.5mm of flywheel thickness)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom