3B head installed - engine keeps cutting offbracket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
3B head installed - engine starts but keeps cutting off

Hi,

Finaly after more two month i put everything tohether, bled the system using the primer pump. It starts, but after about two minutes the engine cuts off.
I did bled it twice and made sure that a clear stream of fuel is coming out.
Do you guys know why the engine keeps cutting off?

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited:
could be a couple reasons, air still in the line or loose conection at the iol sensor... are my guesses... sometimes it can be a bear to get rid of all the air in the fuel systems...

bj70alex said:
Wayne,

Sorry for my ignorance, but what IOL Sensor are you talking about?

Alex
IOL is Wayne's way of spelling OIL...

Wayne,

I had to crack the injecttors and got her running. But I screwed up the oil gauge. I thought that I missing the connector for the center of the sending unit, wrong. I was missing the ground connector. So what happened was, I connected the ground to the center and the black connector to the ground. When I turned the key, I saw the oil gauge needle was way past high. I reveresed them and now I my oil pressure gauge is DEAD. I can probably will install the mechanical gauge later on. How much is the good used one for 12V?

Thanks,
Alex

crushers said:
IOL is Wayne's way of spelling OIL...

Ahhh, yes. The famous 710 cap.

:D

gb

When you guys talk of the rear plug, is this the one you're talking about? It's beind the oil cooler.
111_1121.JPG

No. If my eyes are correct, it is the 10mm plug to the left of your mark. You should see at least three of those plugs along the oil gallery that runs from front to back on that side.

gb

No.. those are bolts for the cooler. If I'm seeing them right they are in the block below the cooler. I see two of them one almost under the cooler and one in the very back almost near the bellhousing. Let me see if I can grab a pic. I had to get under the truck to see them.

Ok.. here is looking up. THe upper left is the exhaust the middle is the blow by tube with the oil cooler above. Both look like they have the 1/8 bsp theads. So when you guys say rear, the one to the left in the very rear or the one in the middle which is circled on the right?
111_1122.JPG

wesintl said:
No.. those are bolts for the cooler. If I'm seeing them right they are in the block below the cooler. I see two of them one almost under the cooler and one in the very back almost near the bellhousing. Let me see if I can grab a pic. I had to get under the truck to see them.

Beat me too it...:D

Yup, below where I was mentioning.

There is a plug right at the rear of the block, one right below the oil cooler section in your pic, one for the stock oil sender in front of the oil cooler, (there is another sender on the oil cooler), then one more plug right at the front of the block.

I took the one right at the rear for the gauge on my BJ42.

gb

Last edited:
Awesome, Thanks! Something I would have never known about or looked for without this board :D

It's easy to see following the galley rib and I spotted the first one too, thanks. When you say there is one on the oil cooler, isn't that the one a circled in the first pic?

Sorry for the hijack there Alex. ;)

Last edited:
wesintl said:
It's easy to see following the galley rib and I spotted the first one too, thanks. When you say there is one on the oil cooler, isn't that the one a circled in the first pic?

I don't know the correct ports on the oil cooler, other then one that the stock sending unit screws into. That is the one I am referring to.

gb

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom