3B Exhaust Manifold CAD file? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, I'm trying to save as much money as possible on my turbo setup and was wondering if anyone had a CAD file of a 3B exhaust manifold flange as shown in the picture below. There were a lot of people posting links to them back in 2010-2012 but since that was 10 years ago all the links have expired. It may be a long shot but who knows, maybe someone has it.

Screenshot 2021-03-19 133217.jpg

Most of the kit turbos come with the 13BT manifold. I would think it would be hard to build one for less than you can buy, but I'll be interested to see what you come up with.
I'm on quite a budget and the 13bt manifolds tend to run for like $400. Anyways, I was able to track down a 10-year-old cad file for the flange (after PM'ing 20 people), got a quote from a local water jet cutting place to make it for $120, and then I'll get my friend who is great at welding to weld (and plasma cut) the rest of the stuff that will need to be done. All the photos below will basically show what will happen, and the end result. Also since I'm on a budget I may get a CX Racing GT25 China Charger and wait to see how long it takes to explode... In all the manifold shouldn't cost me more than $150ish dollars to make in all.
Screenshot 2021-03-20 224117.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-20 224155.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-20 224229.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-20 224258.jpg

Are you able to share the file for future members? I also looked this up recently and found the links broken, however a local exhaust supplier here in nz has a massive library of flanges, and charged me $100nz for a flange.

Have you considered using sch40 weld elbows instead of box section? It should be possible to fab a better flowing manifold, and they are pretty cheap (about $3.50 ea here in nz).

Are you able to share the file for future members? I also looked this up recently and found the links broken, however a local exhaust supplier here in nz has a massive library of flanges, and charged me $100nz for a flange.

Have you considered using sch40 weld elbows instead of box section? It should be possible to fab a better flowing manifold, and they are pretty cheap (about $3.50 ea here in nz).
Yea let me know if this link works for you

if anyone reading this in the future wants it and the link has expired just PM me. And I have thought about doing something like that with the elbows, just I'm not the best at welding or anything and the photos above are much more caveman, thus easier, than the photos below. I might be able to get my friend who is great at welding to do it for me. I'll just have to see, thanks for the idea though

Screenshot 2021-03-21 100728.jpg

Screenshot 2021-03-21 100820.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom