37" military OZ tires (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

16.5 bead locks

I have my stock wheels and tiers and a set of 15x8 with 32 x12.50x15 on it now so if I get 16.5s Ill have three sets of wheels.I am just waiting for my lift I hope I get it this week
2011-02-13_13-33-01_343.jpg
2011-02-13_13-32-39_959.jpg

man this is a hard one to call . I wonder how this tire performs in rocks mud/snow??:bang: I am buying tires this week and don't know if I should get wheels/bead locks and tires or just get a nice tires with stock wheels.:confused:

Not bad in the snow, nore the mud, haven't really pushed them in the rocks much yet. They're not a swamper though - htey are more of a agressive AT or mild MT. Groving them is an option and at $75 a pop, why not try groving to suit your needs? It' s on my list, like item 39 though.

The deal for me is when I punch a hole in the side (which as tough as these sidewalls are, I doubt it'll happen) it won't cost me $250 to replace. That's how I got into them in the first place, I punched a hole in my MTZ's after 33,000 miles.

The new military ties have finally started showing up, they'll come down in price eventually I imagine.

4 BFGOODRICH BAJA TA 37X12.50X16.5 HUMMER H1 4x4 TIRES - eBay (item 180623466124 end time Feb-15-11 20:08:57 PST)
tire 2.JPG
tire 1.JPG
tire 3.JPG

i realize not completely the same tire... but on the subject of air down i found this pic amazing. zero psi and it held them up. bead? what bead? just turn please. :lol:

On the Hunt for 16" military treads

:popcorn:

I think with these beadlocks you can only change backspacing with the flat centers, which are supposed to be much heavier and NOT recommended for any street use at all. The stamped centers are supposed to be stronger, lighter, and run much more true. But they can only be done with 3.5" backspacing I believe.

still a good price. can't wait till the MTR's flood the market.

Not bad in the snow, nore the mud, haven't really pushed them in the rocks much yet. They're not a swamper though - htey are more of a agressive AT or mild MT. Groving them is an option and at $75 a pop, why not try groving to suit your needs? It' s on my list, like item 39 though.

The deal for me is when I punch a hole in the side (which as tough as these sidewalls are, I doubt it'll happen) it won't cost me $250 to replace. That's how I got into them in the first place, I punched a hole in my MTZ's after 33,000 miles.

The new military ties have finally started showing up, they'll come down in price eventually I imagine.

4 BFGOODRICH BAJA TA 37X12.50X16.5 HUMMER H1 4x4 TIRES - eBay (item 180623466124 end time Feb-15-11 20:08:57 PST)

We have the MT sometimes called the MTs.

The MTR is the same tread design as the regular goodyear MTR you could buy at any tire store till the Goodyear MTR with Kevlar replaced it.

That's what is really appealing about the setup. In a couple years when those become readily available, swap out tires for around $400. Still wonder about how the 3.5" backspacing would do on 80's though.

We have the MT sometimes called the MTs.

The MTR is the same tread design as the regular goodyear MTR you could buy at any tire store till the Goodyear MTR with Kevlar replaced it.

I thought after the Goodyear MT's the military went with the BF Goodrich's I posted. Guess I haven't really noticed any military hummers around with anything other than the MT's.

hummm.... not all my thoughts are right.... that's odd....

Wrangler-MT/R

Baja-T/A

Though, I think the Baja T/A's tread is more agressive...

That's what is really appealing about the setup. In a couple years when those become readily available, swap out tires for around $400. Still wonder about how the 3.5" backspacing would do on 80's though.

use spacers

I thought after the Goodyear MT's the military went with the BF Goodrich's I posted. Guess I haven't really noticed any military hummers around with anything other than the MT's.

They went with two different ones. The BFG's were supposed to be used for more straight desert travel while the MTR's where for more city use with mud as a possibility. At least that is what someone in the motor pool at Bragg told me.

??? At 3.5" the wheel is already sitting an inch further out from the stock location.

What are you thinking as far as a good backspacing?

I'm not quite sure why I put that....... brain fart :doh::smokin:

I have 4.75" BS wheels w/ 1.25" spacers - so 3.5" effective BS. It's just about right. Could go 3.75-4.0 - but 3.5 isn't bad.

trying to spend money

I have been trying to call this guy Custom Hummer Wheels for three days with no luck just a answering machine. when I did get a hold of him he told me I cant talk now I will call you rite back .:mad: All I want to do is spend money with him.Dos any one now where I can this set up.beadlocks you can only change backspacing:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom