33s on a TRD Pro (Eibach Pro Lift Kit) - Rebuild Shocks? (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wanted to know if anyone has ever put this on their 5th Gen TRD Pro?

Just got a used 2020 TRD Pro. It has about 45k miles on it. I was gonna also inquire about re-building the Fox Shocks, but has anyone here put these eibach springs on their stock fox struts? The type of off-roading I do is mainly in Colorado, doing some high mountain passes (Imogene Pass, etc.). Not heavy bouldering. But I wanted to try and avoid rubbing, etc. I know I can cut some things, but I would rather not if I can avoid it. Should I also consider a different UCA? Or would these springs do they trick?

Many thanks, and apologies if this has been asked 3k times. New here.

1700856730299.png

Are the shocks actually bad at 45k miles? They're more than likely optimized for the travel of factory springs and while changing springs might provide a little lift, I would guess you'd lose overall travel and overall capability and potentially destroy the shock over time.

You bought a TRD Pro, just buy a worthy lift kit for it or use it as-is and learn to take better lines, they are pretty capable from the factory. I also do all the trails in CO, in 2" lifted GX470 on 32s. My truck, lifted, still has less clearance than your stock TRD. It scrapes from time to time, that's what skidplates are for.

Some random notes. I have not tried Eibach springs on a Toyota, but they have been producing springs for ATVs and dirt bikes since at least the 1980s. They know what they're doing. FYI, just about every Fox 2.0 shock I have seen with more than 30k on them have been leaking. I have OME springs on my rig, Eibach shocks up front. They are 1/5" longer, which equates to about 1" more extension at the wheel. However, this taxes the upper ball joint pretty badly as most won't tolerate the extra movement, and that includes aftermarket UCAs. JBA makes a nice UCA that corrects all the alignment angles plus it will tolerate more angle at the ball joint. (Most front shocks are stock length to avoid this issue.) If you drive a lifted rig without UCAs, and then drive one with UCAs, you will immediately see why you want to do it. DO NOT use front spacers. This lowers the entire strut and the resulting over extension of the suspension with wreck your upper ball joints and the UCAs will hit the springs at full extension. Springs are the best way to go, or adjustable shocks (Bilstein, Eibach) that allow the use of the stock front springs. Having tried that I can tell you that you probably want springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom