33" to 35" upgrade for 91 land cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm still thinking of which 35s to buy, any suggestions!

I like KO2 for daily driving. I would honestly take into consideration how often you drive the rig and what type of wheeling you do prior to committing to a new set of tires. If you do a lot of daily driving and occasional wheeling trip all-terrain tires your best bet.

If you don't drive the 80 daily I would recommend either the MTR or KM3. I have heard great things about both tires. Most of the people I have talked to regarding the KM3 used the KM2 in the past say that the KM3 is quieter then the previous model, KM2.

I like KO2 for daily driving. I would honestly take into consideration how often you drive the rig and what type of wheeling you do prior to committing to a new set of tires. If you do a lot of daily driving and occasional wheeling trip all-terrain tires your best bet.

If you don't drive the 80 daily I would recommend either the MTR or KM3. I have heard great things about both tires. Most of the people I have talked to regarding the KM3 used the KM2 in the past say that the KM3 is quieter then the previous model, KM2.
yeah it’s only for daily use and i don’t really go off roading, i’m only up for the looks so maybe i’ll go with the ko2’s, MTR is goodyear and KM3 is bgf, am i right?

Just consider that 35's with stock gearing on a 3fe will be very, um, slow.

Just pointing that out.

Any rubbing when you turn and no vibration on the highway?
No rubbing on flat turns. Will still need to test on a trail.

I don’t think tires themselves would cause highway vibration if properly balanced, aligned, and with castor correction.

As someone mentioned, I would recommend gearing up to 4.88 with 35s on a 3FE.

No rubbing on flat turns. Will still need to test on a trail.

I don’t think tires themselves would cause highway vibration if properly balanced, aligned, and with castor correction.

As someone mentioned, I would recommend gearing up to 4.88 with 35s on a 3FE.
Can you pls explain gearing up to 4.88 tnx

Can you pls explain gearing up to 4.88 tnx

If you are not going to wheel it I wouldn't worry about swapping the gears in the 3rd members. There are companies out there that make gear reductions that go into the transfer case and are easier and cheaper to install.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom