300 series rumors??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe the "A" represents the "dynamic force" engine group of features - basically undersquare engines with high thermal efficiency from a bunch of little improvements and a meaningless naming convention.

Also - still soldiering on with the 1GR? Bold move Toyota. Bold move.

Lots of info here on the V35A - Toyota engines - V35 - Dynamic Force series (V6) - https://toyota-club.net/files/faq/19-09-10_faq_df_v6_eng.htm - what's interesting is that there's a lot of design details are specific for 4x4, so it looks like it was designed all along for a 4x4.

Last edited:
I believe the "A" represents the "dynamic force" engine group of features - basically undersquare engines with high thermal efficiency from a bunch of little improvements and a meaningless naming convention.

Also - still soldiering on with the 1GR? Bold move Toyota. Bold move.

Lots of info here on the V35A - Toyota engines - V35 - Dynamic Force series (V6) - https://toyota-club.net/files/faq/19-09-10_faq_df_v6_eng.htm - what's interesting is that there's a lot of design details are specific for 4x4, so it looks like it was designed all along for a 4x4.
Toyota doesn’t care about efficiency in its ROTW market hence why the V6 lives on.

Last edited:
I would have expected the 2GR at least. 1GR Is not really a very good engine by most metrics - efficiency, power, torque, NVH, etc. It's kinda the definition of mediocre.

You can get the UR information from the NCF at techinfo.toyota.com Buy a subscription, download the NCF information and you will have everything associated with design goals and technical operation of each system for the UR engine series.
Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 10.47.42.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 10.47.56.png

While perusing the Toyota Europe technical data base for something completely different.... this popped up:

View attachment 2550756View attachment 2550757

:)

So, this would mean at least fo the Europe market, the 300 series will come with the 1GR-FE engine as well as a new V6 common-rail turbo diesel variant. The new engine nomenclatures are difficult to decipher.... F33A is new to me. -FTV is not.

F= DOHC
T= Turbocharged
V= Common Rail Diesel injection

F33A could mean the following:

F= TNGA F platform (Trucks)
33= Displacement. 3.3L
A= ??

This engine would fit with the new TNGA engines Toyota is developing across all product lines as they enter into TNGA systemization.

View attachment 2550784

Hello,

Is the F33 engine going into the 70 Series?

Incidentally, it is good to see a Land Cruiser engine with an F in its name.

Juan

That link is a treasure trove of information. Have you seen anything similar for the UR series? Looked around the site but didn't see anything.
Sorry. I have no idea where the info there came from. But it is pretty extreme in the detail. I can only assume it's from Toyota's own design and engineering team in some sort of publication that was put on that website. I've never seen anything like it for other engines to that level of detail.

IMO - It's a great truck/SUV engine. The long stroke and high compression turbo setup is pretty unusual - but it should make heeps of low rpm power. On paper it looks like diesel power output at low-mid rpms. It should have similar torque to the new v6 3.3L turbo diesel - all of the small diesel domestics are in the ~450 - 500 ft lb range at the same rpms. In the car version the V35A is tuned for 440 ft lb at 1600rpms. The 3UR makes 401 tq, but not until 3800 rpms. At 1600 where the V35A is hitting 440, the 3UR is around 300. At 2,000 rpms the V35A has 50% more power than the 5.7. But that all depends on the tune for the Tundra/LC200 though. Could go up or down pretty easily depending on what Toyota wants to do with it.

This seems to be the one vaguely useful thing from it. @Onur does this help you deciper what the A stands for? Hybrid designation, maybe?
1610740216395.png

@Onur I thought it had some useful info. This is after all a speculation/rumor thread. He seems to be keep up with this a lot better than most. I thought the LX was going to be the LX600, but now he is calling it the LX 750h. Time will tell.

Posted on an Aussie LC forum I follow. Looks legit...we will see. Interesting that it is left hand drive with Toyota badging. Perhaps for the Russian market?

72DB7EB6-6022-4A67-BCC1-2080F033A96F.jpeg

EA257272-9372-4E6D-9025-0BB87C0AC787.jpeg

A0C96BC6-5430-4D92-A14B-7BDCBA659131.jpeg

92222659-D02A-467B-ABB2-85BA3060ED82.jpeg

AD4B5A43-C047-44A0-880E-CAA6053D7171.jpeg

Nice. Looks like we may have to buy an LX
Based on numerous reports the replacement for the LX570 will no longer be based on the Land Cruiser. Instead it will be a unibody vehicle like the Mercedes GLS. There will not be a vehicle in North America based on the 300 series LC.

Based on numerous reports the replacement for the LX570 will no longer be based on the Land Cruiser. Instead it will be a unibody vehicle like the Mercedes GLS. There will not be a vehicle in North America based on the 300 series LC.
Wow. That’s first I heard that. Really disappointing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom