300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems about right. It's mostly just really disappointing because there's so much good stuff in the parts bin we'd all love to have.

Maybe the new tundra will be great? I hope so. Looks like they're rushing it to market though.

I am unsure about credibility but I am very keen to get opinions from the horses mouths here on mud v internet rumors. Ready, go!

300 or something altogether different... Toyota needs to do something. Bronco clips like this are becoming increasingly annoying.

300 or something altogether different... Toyota needs to do something. Bronco clips like this are becoming increasingly annoying.

I think the Bronco sport is actually pretty cool. Can get a rear locking diff too. Would absolutely get it over a Rav4 TRD or Jeep Cherokee trailhawk

It's been nearly 14 years since an all new Tundra was introduced. How is that "rushing it'?
That was subtle sarcasm. :) 14 years is a long time to run a full size truck generation. Especially without any material updates to the drivetrain.

I agree.

Toyota did make Subaru an official sub-brand of Toyota now. So I guess the Forester is "toyota" sort of and seems like a pretty direct competitor for the Bronco. Supposedly there will be a lifted forester off-road model at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt it'll have locking diffs... or really anything more than a 1" higher suspension setting and maybe an AT tire with some new plastics.

Sadly, the lexus IS platform would be ideal for an awd car based adventure SUV but Toyota won't do anything with it. The huge advantage it has is longitudinal engine, and a real transfer case with front/rear diffs separate from the transmission instead of a transaxle. So you could actually lift it and/or modify the platform for higher ride height without CV angle issues. Plus the diffs are standard toyota designs, so they could easily be fitted with lockers and they're plenty robust to handle it. It'll never happen. But it's fun to pretend it could... Take a look at the rear differential assembly - it's about as narrow as you can make it. Kinda perfect as a starting point if you wanted a long travel IRS. - main point here is that toyota has everything in the parts bin it needs. It just needs the motivation to do something better than a Rav4 adventure if it wants to really take a shot at the off road crossover market.

2007-lexus-is-250-40_800x0.webp

Last edited:
I'd say that's as official as we're likely to get

Toyota's issued a statement affirming that 2021 is the final year for the Land Cruiser as we know it. It reads, "The Toyota Land Cruiser has been a legendary name for more than 60 years. While it will be discontinued in the United States after the 2021 model year, we remain committed to the large SUV segment and will continue to explore future products that celebrate the Land Cruiser’s rich off-road history. We encourage loyal enthusiasts and intrepid adventurers to stay tuned for future developments."

I'd say that's as official as we're likely to get

Toyota's issued a statement affirming that 2021 is the final year for the Land Cruiser as we know it. It reads, "The Toyota Land Cruiser has been a legendary name for more than 60 years. While it will be discontinued in the United States after the 2021 model year, we remain committed to the large SUV segment and will continue to explore future products that celebrate the Land Cruiser’s rich off-road history. We encourage loyal enthusiasts and intrepid adventurers to stay tuned for future developments."

7B81D029-AA92-4E36-B521-C52739DD9330.jpeg

This is so 2020

I wonder if this included the Lexus version??? Any public release from Lexus???

I wonder if this included the Lexus version??? Any public release from Lexus???
I doubt the LX is going away. The LX is the only Lexus most people are willing to pay $80k+ or a $1000/month on lease for.

While perusing the Toyota Europe technical data base for something completely different.... this popped up:

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 20.21.10.png
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 20.20.56.png

:)

So, this would mean at least fo the Europe market, the 300 series will come with the 1GR-FE engine as well as a new V6 common-rail turbo diesel variant. The new engine nomenclatures are difficult to decipher.... F33A is new to me. -FTV is not.

F= DOHC
T= Turbocharged
V= Common Rail Diesel injection

F33A could mean the following:

F= TNGA F platform (Trucks)
33= Displacement. 3.3L
A= ??

This engine would fit with the new TNGA engines Toyota is developing across all product lines as they enter into TNGA systemization.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 20.34.59.png

Last edited:
While perusing the Toyota Europe technical data base for something completely different.... this popped up:

View attachment 2550756View attachment 2550757

:)

So, this would mean at least fo the Europe market, the 300 series will come with the 1GR-FE engine as well as a new V6 common-rail turbo diesel variant. The new engine nomenclatures are difficult to decipher.... F33A is new to me. -FTV is not.

F= DOHC
T= Turbocharged
V= Common Rail Diesel injection

F33A could mean the following:

F= TNGA F platform (Trucks)
33= Displacement. 3.3L
A= ??

This engine would fit with the new TNGA engines Toyota is developing across all product lines as they enter into TNGA systemization.

View attachment 2550784

4565789.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom