300 series revealed? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

he just wants you to purchase another one :flipoff2:

Probably...but I purchased a GTR instead. Haha. ****, I'm beginning to think I'm the bad penny here.

1st new Toyota I purchased 02 Celica - discontinued

2nd new 06 Solara - discontinued

3rd new 08 4Runner

4th new 16 Lexus GSF - discontinued

5th new 18 4Runner

6th new 19 Land Cruiser - soon to be...

Can’t tell if you’re serious.

Not being d*ckish...I'm throwing in the towel and saying you guys were right. The Animal House gif was me crying and you guys breaking the news.

I just bought my Heritage edition a couple of weeks ago and the dealership I bought it from showed me a letter from Toyota USA stating the Land Cruiser will be discontinued in the US after the 2021 model. This was bought at Findlay Toyota in Henderson NV.

IMG_0540.jpg

Nobody said it was dying internationally.
I know that, it was just a joke.

Total global Land Cruiser 200 sales average around 120k/130k per year excluding the LX which averages around 30k/35k per year.
Best year sales wise for the 200 was 2014-2015, but on average every year the 200 was in production, it sold better than its predecessors.
Same goes for the LX.

I imagine the 300 will do even better!

Last edited:
So for those of you who may feel jinxed that you purchased a 2019 or 2020 you may actually be glad you did. We don't truly know what will come next. It usually takes at least a couple years for a new model to shake out the kinks. (I learned this after purchasing one of the first Acura MDXs the last time they had a significant model change. That was 2013. Nightmare). After that I had a 2014 Land Rover LR4 and was hoping they would address some of the areas that were weaknesses for me. Instead they came out with their "Discovery". Fortunately that drove me to the Land Cruiser we have now. But there were things I missed about the Land Rover so I had been hoping their new Defender would be a great option for the future. But it is not and certainly will not be unless they do some major changes and until its reliability is proven. That is a long way of saying, unless you are someone who likes to be a beta-tester and/or do leases and/or are pretty easy on a vehicle (mall crawler) you may want to let the US Land Cruiser replacement mature for a few years. For now, what you have is proven which means you can trust it. If being able to trust your vehicle is important (which it should be for most on this forum) then you will want to wait anyway.

I look forward to seeing what Toyota does. But I'm targeting 2025 for the next purchase. And at my age my needs and preferences may change. Maybe I'll want a luxurious, cushy Lexus with seating for 8 so I can cart the grandkids around! :rofl:

Oh, and just a side note on this threads sidetrack about engine stop/start. I had that on my 2014 LR4. It didn't bother me all that once. Until at the 50K service threshold I was told that I needed to replace the special battery that feature uses, that it was a maintenance item (not under warranty) and that it would cost $600. That's $600 every 50K for a capability I didn't really want. I also suspect that at most it saved me 0.5 MPG since most of my driving is on freeways.

Dan Thanks for that perspective very well stated and thought out and I agree with a lot of it.

But in this is a big but I think Kingston is the wrong word. I would say lucky. Imagine if you’re lucky enough to own the last model year or last two model years of the Land Cruiser and they never bring it to the United States again. We know it will be sold around the world we know it will be most likely sold as Alexis very end here in the USA but perhaps the Land Cruiser badge will never be made again here in the United States.

Think about that for a moment. What does that do as far as exclusivity? I bought a 2021 because I wanted the best truck in the world. Everything from reliability capability luxury stealth all rolled into one. I am going to put together a longer thread and actually a video on YouTube about why the Land Cruiser is the most incredible vehicle in the world but that is for another day.

So back to your post. If 2021 is indeed the last year that Land Cruiser is made here in the USA and we are lucky enough to own one I have to say and I’m not exaggerating that is a unicorn holy Grail of a vehicle. They will be the most sought after vehicles in the world and I know that’s a little bit of an exaggeration but I think you and everyone on this forum knows what I mean. And the Land Cruiser community there is a strong sense of we want what we want etc.

That’s just my two cents in by all indications Toyota is not going to bring a new Land Cruiser to the USA so what I stated above holds true. I plan to keep mine forever and I mean that so I’m not really concerned about resale value but it will be nice to be able to get a premium if I do need to sell. In the meantime I think we should enjoy what is the last great last of the Mohicans most incredible SUV on the face of the earth.

Kind of puts things in perspective regarding who these are built for.

You mean like I stated earlier in my comment that this vehicle was built for Aussies, Africans, and Southwest Asians. Americans are an after thought. With the FJ40s being a Toyota's vacuum salesman foot in the door to the US market. 😁

Probably...but I purchased a GTR instead. Haha. ****, I'm beginning to think I'm the bad penny here.

1st new Toyota I purchased 02 Celica - discontinued

2nd new 06 Solara - discontinued

3rd new 08 4Runner

4th new 16 Lexus GSF - discontinued

5th new 18 4Runner

6th new 19 Land Cruiser - soon to be...

I'm sure the GT-R is on its way out the door as well.

Dan Thanks for that perspective very well stated and thought out and I agree with a lot of it.

But in this is a big but I think Kingston is the wrong word. I would say lucky. Imagine if you’re lucky enough to own the last model year or last two model years of the Land Cruiser and they never bring it to the United States again. We know it will be sold around the world we know it will be most likely sold as Alexis very end here in the USA but perhaps the Land Cruiser badge will never be made again here in the United States.

Think about that for a moment. What does that do as far as exclusivity? I bought a 2021 because I wanted the best truck in the world. Everything from reliability capability luxury stealth all rolled into one. I am going to put together a longer thread and actually a video on YouTube about why the Land Cruiser is the most incredible vehicle in the world but that is for another day.

So back to your post. If 2021 is indeed the last year that Land Cruiser is made here in the USA and we are lucky enough to own one I have to say and I’m not exaggerating that is a unicorn holy Grail of a vehicle. They will be the most sought after vehicles in the world and I know that’s a little bit of an exaggeration but I think you and everyone on this forum knows what I mean. And the Land Cruiser community there is a strong sense of we want what we want etc.

That’s just my two cents in by all indications Toyota is not going to bring a new Land Cruiser to the USA so what I stated above holds true. I plan to keep mine forever and I mean that so I’m not really concerned about resale value but it will be nice to be able to get a premium if I do need to sell. In the meantime I think we should enjoy what is the last great last of the Mohicans most incredible SUV on the face of the earth.
Agree with all of this. If no follow-on LC in the US yet it's still present and sought after in the rest of the world, seems to me that would translate into significant value for our LC's. Am I wrong?

That is a long way of saying, unless you are someone who likes to be a beta-tester and/or do leases and/or are pretty easy on a vehicle (mall crawler) you may want to let the US Land Cruiser replacement mature for a few years.
I made a similar comment to this (maybe earlier in this thread) and was informed that Toyota’s don’t have issues with first year redesigns, I’m curious to watch any responses to your comment lol

We ordered a 2021, mostly because we wanted the proven and tested model over any massive redesign as this vehicle won’t be a daily driver but strictly for adventure. My only fear is a massive increase in fuel cost, possibly by different states imposing punitive gas taxes to push people to electric. We plan on driving our 200 for ever and every where and 10-15 years down the road are weary we may be taking it in the wallet with $10 a gallon gas.

I wonder if the future of the US "LC nameplate" is with the Prado. Saw where the Prado got carplay and some other updates for 2021 MY while the GX did not. Wonder if they (Lexus) are planning on canning the GX, replace it with the TX or whatever its called, and Toyota will "re-introduce" the Prado as the next LC in the US when it gets re-designed in a few years. That would be so Toyota to do so and not shocking in the least. Only thing there is how it would compete with (cannabalize) the 4R...

Last edited:
I wonder if the future of the US "LC nameplate" is with the Prado. Saw where the Prado got carplay and some other updates for 2021 MY while the GX did not. Wonder if they (Lexus) are planning on canning the GX, replace it with the TX or whatever its called, and Toyota will "re-introduce" the Prado as the next LC in the US when it gets re-designed in a few years. That would be so Toyota to do so and not shocking in the least. Only thing there is how it would compete with (cannabalize) the 4R...

My guess would be status quo for the GX and 4Rnr...keep the trimlines separate so they avoid like you stated cannibalizing sales. I bet they'll watch the Bronco marketing and perhaps reintroduce a smaller LC/FJ 2 door to compete with the more serious offroad models or expand the 4Rnr and GX market...I just hate seeing a legendary vehicle gone. We bought our Land Cruiser because of its status. It's the Godzilla to the global offroad market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom