300 series revealed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 200 was not a design failure, it had poor implementation.

Can't argue with that. There was zero implementation/marketing. That has always been puzzling to me. Especially with an iconic nameplate like Land Cruiser.

So is the 300 being introduced in the US as a Lexus or not? If it is, hopefully it won't have 20 inch tires and a huge front grill!

Nothing new here. The linked article to the Cruisers successor in the US is from February. This has since been debunked.

It’s dead.

Nothing new here. The linked article to the Cruisers successor in the US is from February. This has since been debunked.

It’s dead.

The article I posted was written today bruv. And the article you're referencing about the Land Cruiser dead was a source from a Toyota dealership that customizes LCs and is likely trying to sell inventory for those panicking about the vehicle being discontinued.

So is the 300 being introduced in the US as a Lexus or not? If it is, hopefully it won't have 20 inch tires and a huge front grill!

The LC is not a vehicle designed for the US market. The numbers they sell are adequate for the market...unlike the FJ Cruiser which was debuted as a concept in the US that generated enough attention where Toyota decided to produce for the USDM and expanded globally. I don't believe Toyota will kill off the LC in the US because Toyota still sells the vehicle in healthy numbers globally. Just my 🪙🪙

The dealership close to home use to receive and sell only 1-2 200 series a year. In 2019 when we bought ours new, the dealership sold 4 additional 200 series that calendar year. CY20, they've sold 5 again. Might now sound like a lot but that is a substantial jump from normal CYs.

The article I posted was written today bruv. And the article you're referencing about the Land Cruiser dead was a source from a Toyota dealership that customizes LCs and is likely trying to sell inventory for those panicking about the vehicle being discontinued.

Brah, the article linked (about the 5 seater Cruiser) within the article you shared is from February.

Said dealer has little skin in the game seeing as demand cannot be met (at least at that location)

Brah, the article linked (about the 5 seater Cruiser) within the article you shared is from February.

Said dealer has little skin in the game seeing as demand cannot be met (at least at that location)

The link to the Japanese outlet is dated Nov 27 2020.

The link to the Japanese outlet is dated Nov 27 2020.

Thank you...it does give an update on the status of the Land Cruiser.

The dealership that made the statement does have skin when trying to sell inventory. Plus, nothing been pushed by Toyota USA headquarters about the future of the LC. To include Toyota Japan. Bottoming is LC is not a USDM product...its a global product with stronger sales in Australia, Africa, and Middle East...sales have never been strong in the US compared globally. It's a model that continues because it's one of their longest running product since being in the US market.

@Eric Sarjeant
Anything to this or more bad reporting and International only offering for LC 300?

It was the Martin Dealership that said it was being pulled...also a dealership that customizes 200 series LCs.

It was the Martin Dealership that said it was being pulled...also a dealership that customizes 200 series LCs.
Not just his dealership. Other dealers have stated discontinuation in US too. Dealer letter in another thread.

1606782982465.jpeg

Alright gents I throw in the towel. General manager at the dealership I purchase with told me the same thing...you guys are right.

Who.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom