300-series LX release date: October 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You want to have a discussion, but if I see things different than you, you "dont know what to say".

You sure you want to have a discussion? Doesnt seem like it to me. I dont see you making any points for me to respond to. You're just posting pics and saying "I'm right".

Actually i don't really want to have a discussion anymore but whatever.

Thats the second time now you've made a gross assumption and generalization.
First you assumed criticism here is coming from a standpoint of the 200 being better, I've always said i prefer the 300 exterior shape and I like this LX too.
Now I have a grudge and a need to be right? You have every right to think how you want but when did i say i was right?
This is a matter of opinion after all. What I'm saying is the conclusion is obvious for anyone that has an eye for it whatsoever.
Point in case that this conversation with you is futile is that we are talking about design, those "pics" ARE the argument.
Take a look at the other vehicles in its class and its not really a matter of proving any point.

Heres the side by side with the ford explorer. Come to your own conclusion by all means.

maxresdefault-1.jpg
20211014_01_11.jpg

LOL.

I knew my reply was a waste of time the second I saw your examples of "good" interiors. Good talk.

Right, and what an argument you presented! Full of arbitrary and incorrect points.

So let me get this new argument straight, all of the OTHER class leading luxury interiors are garbage instead?
Got it. Makes perfect sense. :)

Actually i don't really want to have a discussion anymore but whatever.

Thats the second time now you've made a gross assumption and generalization.
First you assumed criticism here is coming from a standpoint of the 200 being better, I've always said i prefer the 300 exterior shape and I like this LX too.
Now I have a grudge and a need to be right? You have every right to think how you want but when did i say i was right?
This is a matter of opinion after all. What I'm saying is the conclusion is obvious for anyone that has an eye for it whatsoever.
Point in case that this conversation with you is futile is that we are talking about design, those "pics" ARE the argument.
Take a look at the other vehicles in its class and its not really a matter of proving any point.

Heres the side by side with the ford explorer. Come to your own conclusion by all means.

View attachment 2811442View attachment 2811443
Wait, I'm talking down to you and making gross assumptions and generalizations? Where? I have no idea if you like the 200 or not.

"What I'm saying is the conclusion is obvious for anyone that has an eye for it whatsoever."

Yeah, you're building us all up in this "conversation".

Wait, I'm talking down to you and making gross assumptions and generalizations? Where? I have no idea if you like the 200 or not.

"What I'm saying is the conclusion is obvious for anyone that has an eye for it whatsoever."

Yeah, you're building us all up in this "conversation".

IDK hmmmmm, the very first comment you made??? LOL you must be joking with that reply.

Not loving the interior but I could probably live with it should they release something off road focused an minimal around 90k. I’m guessing not and honestly from what I hear about the next gx550 that might be the ticket for my needs.

On Lexus JP website they showed a version that was not seen in the world premier. It's the LX600 with 18 inch wheels with black door handles, mirrors and fenders much like the GR LC. I see no changes in the front bumper, running boards and rear bumper. But you do see in the interior picture front/rear lockers.
Version with 18 inch wheels:
View attachment 2811391View attachment 2811392Front + rear lockers:
View attachment 2811393
Now THIS has my attention.

They really should’ve just stuck with the Land Cruiser and replaced the LX with a Sequoia-based model to compete more directly with Escalade and Navigator. I mean what do I know about marketing, but I’m pretty sure a Lexus Escalade would sell 10-15x what the LX does and become an absolute staple in conservative wealthy suburbs.

Overall, I like it! Kept AHC, kept 3rd row option, nothing looks over the top gimmicky to me. If the JP edition makes it's way to the US with fr/rr lockers that would be huge!

Biggest disappointment, and I knew it was coming, is the lack of the split rear hatch. I absolutely love the "tailgate" on my 2008 and use it all the time. I have no idea why they scrapped that design....😢

I think the interior is a great improvement. The slap fighting in this thread was hard to follow but it almost seemed like somebody was offering up the Escalade and F-150 interiors as examples of better interior design. If so, you've lost all credibility from the get go. If not, then carry on.

I'm not a fan of the big chrome grill but hopefully that is on some kind of limited trim package or something. That triple locked version from Japan is sweet. Imagining that with some 34s. If that trim comes to the US, I may be tempted and surely they will have to offer triple lockers here at some point.

I too am interested in fuel capacity and range, and whether a hybrid version will be available. Could it be that we may see a triple-locked hybrid 300 at some point 😲

I guess the base’s exterior is ugly but Im sure you can mod it to F sport version (which is ironically a very similar look to the current 570). But the interior is very hard to upgrade. And knowing Lexus, they will probably keep it until 2030. I know aesthetic is subjective but I still find it hard to believe that some people can say the interior is beautiful on a $100K vehicle.

How much more are they going to get for this over the 570?

Interior looks good and more modern, but not really a lot of differentiation from current model.

Overall, looks like they were very conservative in this redesign. I hope they come out with another engine option........

Next redesign in 20 years 😂🖕

I've already started mdding mine 😂

View attachment 2811540

Does it rub?

I'm personally pretty excited to see some evolution in AHC. I've come to really appreciate it and was a little worried it might go away in favor of a lower cost design. Judging from the updated accumulators, it's probably improving once again.

If it comes in a triple locked version with spring suspension, it's pretty much what people were asking for. And because I have to give an opinion, the front end is terrible and the interior is pretty nice. Overall it's a nice vehicle to buy used in 3 years!

The approach angle is not great. Even with AHC in high mode
Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 23.33.03.png

Compared with the LC300 (The VXR/ZX grades drops the approach angle to 24 degrees)
20210802_01_37.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom