3" Exhaust for HDJ 80 ( 1 HDT LHD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I looked at - TOYOTA LANDCRUISER 1990-1997 80 Series 4.2L Turbo Diesel Exhaust | Beaudesert Exhaust and also reached out to Whistle 'n' Soot who just said starts at $940 but didn't seem to any pictures or details.
I looked at the eBay stuff which seems to be what a lot of guys are selling and then decided to ask here as plenty seem to be running a 3".
At this stage I am guessing I will just buy some 304 in 3" and make my own as there ain't much to it I was just being lazy .
I bought a Beaudesert 3" stainless about 12 years ago and have no regrets. It followed the original path of the stock exhaust on the Hdj81 and used the stock hangers. It also came with a 3.5' dump pipe which produced lower exhaust temperatures. The owner of Beaudesert arrange the shipping by air and it was less than I thought it would be. It came with the same muffler setup as original and many people have commented on how quiet it is.

I bought a Beaudesert 3" stainless about 12 years ago and have no regrets. It followed the original path of the stock exhaust on the Hdj81 and used the stock hangers. It also came with a 3.5' dump pipe which produced lower exhaust temperatures. The owner of Beaudesert arrange the shipping by air and it was less than I thought it would be. It came with the same muffler setup as original and many people have commented on how quiet it is.

Did you just get a straight through or does it have a muffler ?

Guessing it runs outside the chassis rail ?

I just installed a 3" ppd exhaust yesterday. I really like the Beaudesert but for the price I got, you can't go wrong. I might modify for a 3.5 downpipe. Installation was overall easy. The downpipe that came in mine was slightly touching the frame.
It's not as loud as I expected and which I like. I had it sitting here for months and should have installed it sooner.

20210717_172735.jpg

20210717_201743.jpg

20210717_201733.jpg

20210717_190125.jpg

Definitely!! Almost anything in 3" is an improvement over the stock setup. The rear tailpipe section hangs a bit long. On an inclined its almost certain that it will scrape.

Can you post a pic of the rear section showing where the tip ends up? I have a custom rear bumper I want to make sure this would fit with.

@chelo - How is the PPD exhaust holding up? Any exposure to salty roads? Can you share a few updated photos to see how its doing?
When I get home I can take some pics. Overall I'm pretty happy with everything. No exhaust leaks which I like.
Only when going to the Sierras would be the only time i encounter salt. I wash all my cars before going and when coming back so really no issues.

Here are the pictures I took a few minutes ago. I haven't done an under carriage clean in some time. I rubbed my finger across the stainless and it actually brightened up.
I was comparing those pictures to now and my wheels look like crap. I have to do something about it.

20240214_141907.jpg

20240214_141921.jpg

20240214_141932.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom