3" Exhaust for HDJ 80 ( 1 HDT LHD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone got a good source for a 3" exhaust to suit a LHD HDJ 80 ?

I see a few over seas but cant find anyone in the USA so thought I would ask.

With the AUD to USD rate, might be a good time to pick up an Aussie one. I can't remember the big names off the top of my head, but you can look up Shauno's Dirty 30 and Sooty builds from 4WD Action (now 4WD 24/7 I guess...). Dirty 30 has a custom one since it is a 1-HD-FTE in a 60, on an 80 frame...but Sooty was off the shelf.

I ended up going with this one after I decided to go a different route with my installation. Not sure of the differences on the LHD version exhaust wise, but maybe ask him if he'd do one for LHD. Toyota Landcruiser 100 series 3" Stainless Steel Dump Pipe - 1HD-FTE - USA I know he makes the outside frame version of this dump, but I went with the inside frame version and just had someone fab up the rest. The chinese ones aren't bad, but the shipping on them is stupid. Alibaba is cheaper than the ones on ebay (same versions) but shipping is still stupid high.

I ended up going with this one after I decided to go a different route with my installation. Not sure of the differences on the LHD version exhaust wise, but maybe ask him if he'd do one for LHD. Toyota Landcruiser 100 series 3" Stainless Steel Dump Pipe - 1HD-FTE - USA I know he makes the outside frame version of this dump, but I went with the inside frame version and just had someone fab up the rest. The chinese ones aren't bad, but the shipping on them is stupid. Alibaba is cheaper than the ones on ebay (same versions) but shipping is still stupid high.

To clarify, the linked 100 series in-frame routing dump pipe fits an HDJ81? The ebay ad says " Due to small bolt spacing on the restrictive factory exhaust system this is not a direct bolt on replacement ", any insight on what that means? Just that it needs to be welded to the exhaust or a flange to bolt to the exhaust?

To clarify, the linked 100 series in-frame routing dump pipe fits an HDJ81? The ebay ad says " Due to small bolt spacing on the restrictive factory exhaust system this is not a direct bolt on replacement ", any insight on what that means? Just that it needs to be welded to the exhaust or a flange to bolt to the exhaust?

Correct, you just have to have it welded in (can't use the stock exhaust flange from the dump back). Mine fit, was just a little tight. He also makes an outside the frame version as well.

I've not seen them in person, however these folk make a stainless replacement as well.

hths
gb

Manta make an inside chassis 3" for the 80, was very happy with the fitment on my HDJ80

Which sound option did you go with and how does it compare to stock?
I went with the loud option - straight pipe, and it was loud. If you wanted quiet, the quiet option has a decent size straight through muffler which should take the sound out of it

I just put a Redback4x4 extreme duty (AU) on mine, like the manta, it's an inside chassis one and very well done kit ;)

I took the one with the resonator, it's sounds great (far better than OEM and quieter than straight pipe) :)
Second choice was the Manta, but it was a little bit more expensive than Redback4x4.

I ordered a ppd complete exhaust and I am extremely satisfied. $1100 CAD to my door.

Link? Does it include a downpipe off the turbo, and does it run inside the frame rails?

Factory routing, everything needed from turbo back.
Just want to verify that when you say factory routing it is in fact “inside the rails”? Big purchases and long waits to have something arrive you weren’t expecting.

Deciding between PPD and Redback. Any specific insights appreciated.

Just want to verify that when you say factory routing it is in fact “inside the rails”? Big purchases and long waits to have something arrive you weren’t expecting.

Deciding between PPD and Redback. Any specific insights appreciated.

"Factory routing" would indicate it runs outside the frame rail.

Redback has 20% off today for “Boxing Day”. Currently 26Dec in Australia. Just add to cart.

I ordered a ppd complete exhaust and I am extremely satisfied. $1100 CAD to my door.
Anyone else have good experience with PPD? I see some posts about weld quality and fitment issues. I had myself convinced they were lower quality then I say this. Defiantly a good bit of savings over the Manta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom