2UZ Key and Speedo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tapage

Club 4X4 Panamá
Threads
Website
www.4x4panama.com
Hi guys .. I'm in the process ( helping really ) to swap a 2UZ onto 80 series with a H150 or R151 tranny ( manual :doh: )

Now I get the engine .. but have few question, maybe someone can help me here ( promise pics this weekend )

1. Those engines ( ECU ) need the factory key to start ?

2. It's the acelerator ( pedal ) an electronic device ( potenciometer ) ? I have other option to run the skiny pedal ?

thanks .. !

Hi guys .. I'm in the process ( helping really ) to swap a 2UZ onto 80 series with a H150 or R151 tranny ( manual :doh: )

Now I get the engine .. but have few question, maybe someone can help me here ( promise pics this weekend )

1. Those engines ( ECU ) need the factory key to start ?

2. It's the acelerator ( pedal ) an electronic device ( potenciometer ) ? I have other option to run the skiny pedal ?

thanks .. !

Im doing the same convertion in a FJ62... Please Help us... the Engine is araiving to Peru in 1 month, but I need to Know how to start it!!!

THX

Im doing the same convertion in a FJ62... Please Help us... the Engine is araiving to Peru in 1 month, but I need to Know how to start it!!!

THX

Que tranny tienes pensado usar .. ?

Are you selected a tranny to use . ?

Hey guys .. I'm still in the road with this swap .. ( involved in other proyects too ) I'm dealing with the gass pedal that looks to be easy to solve with any Toyota DBW gass pedal and harness ..

But there is a issue with the ECU ( ECM ) that looks if I don't have the cilinder with the right key don't gonna start ..

So I'm searching for tracks and recomendations on why can help me with the Electronics on this unit ..

Apreciated any advice ..

Getting a non-transponder ecu might be the easiest... unless you can get the correct transponder key.
What year engine are you working with here?

Getting a non-transponder ecu might be the easiest... unless you can get the correct transponder key.
What year engine are you working with here?

Thanks Ric ... 2UZ out from a 2003 Tundra ( non VVTi ) .. can you share some direction to search for this ECU .. if it's simplest ECU to me it's better ..

I read in the UZswaps forum that this engine only need a few cables and sensors to run ..

I'll try to remember to look and see what's what tomorrow...

Thanks dude .. I'm still searching on eBay any tundra or cruiser that's been in partingout session, with luck I can source the complete combo, cilinder, key and ECU ..

Tapage, you do not need a pedal. All the drive by wire is inside the throttle body. The pedal is a simple cable to the throttle body.

but if you saw here ..

main.php

There is no cable out from the gas pedal .. so at the TB of the engine there is only a plug ( that goes to the main harness ) ..

your help it's higly apreciated Christo ..

the late-ish ones used no cable at all....
I have the manual at work, forgot to bring it home...
I'll try to get some info for you tomorrow, sorry.

the late-ish ones used no cable at all....
I have the manual at work, forgot to bring it home...
I'll try to get some info for you tomorrow, sorry.

that's ok Rix .. will await for your info ..

but if you saw here ..
<picture>
There is no cable out from the gas pedal .. so at the TB of the engine there is only a plug ( that goes to the main harness ) ..

your help it's higly apreciated Christo ..

That is right, on 2003 and newer there is no throttle cable. It looks like you have that part figured out, David (I sent you an email some time back showing that.)

Now, I'm trying to figure out if the 2003 Tundra had the immobiliser system or not. Can anybody with an '03 Tundra verify that they have a "fat" key.

There are thieves out there who know how to bypass it, because I've seen the results. The only way I know how to make it work is the way Toyota designed it.

I'll get back to this.

There are thieves out there who know how to bypass it, because I've seen the results. The only way I know how to make it work is the way Toyota designed it.

I'll get back to this.

I was searching on the web plenty about that .. with not definitive answer for my question, so I only gotta waste some money and buy the 2004 ECM, steering column with a valet key and give a try ..

There is a Guy in Kenya that said for 1k bucks can re write the ECM to work with a RAV4 key and starter cilinder ..

Sorry tapage, I was sick all week.
If I make it to work today I'll take a looksie.
There's got to be a better way.
If you have a non vvt engine, I'd imagine you could swap the electronics and throttle body to a little older model.

yes dude ... mine it's a non VVTi engine .. ( thought they start from 2005 and on ) anycase I will report the process and how it's all going here with the swap ..

wish me luck !

...so I only gotta waste some money and buy the 2004 ECM, steering column with a valet key and give a try ...

Does your current ECM happen to say "Immobilizer" on it? If you know someone at a Toyota dealership, they can reset the ECM to accept any immobilizer key as long as the cylinder, etc. is correct. You wouldn't need another ECM that way.

Since I'm no longer at the dealership, I can't access all the Immobilizer information, they have quite a bit available. One thing is a chart of what vehicles have which system and whether they can be reset without a master key. The other is a bulletin about an ECM replacement program, where Toyota sends the dealer a remanufactured ECM at no charge, and you just pay the labor to install it and program 2 new keys.

Hope this helps.

Does your current ECM happen to say "Immobilizer" on it? If you know someone at a Toyota dealership, they can reset the ECM to accept any immobilizer key as long as the cylinder, etc. is correct. You wouldn't need another ECM that way.

Since I'm no longer at the dealership, I can't access all the Immobilizer information, they have quite a bit available. One thing is a chart of what vehicles have which system and whether they can be reset without a master key. The other is a bulletin about an ECM replacement program, where Toyota sends the dealer a remanufactured ECM at no charge, and you just pay the labor to install it and program 2 new keys.

Hope this helps.

Helps a lots ... I don't have any contact at USA dealer ( useless any contact down here ) I know there is to be a way to re flash .. just did'nt found any contact to do that .. at least not yet.

Actually I thought there it's must be a way to let the ECM with the security inmobiliser desactivated .. ?

The vehicle would actually have to be at the dealership for the reset to work.

I also recall there was an aftermarket tool available for this. I believe a customer had a locksmith try to reset theirs and ended up causing more problems. You may want to check with a reputable locksmith, also, since they could come to where the vehicle is.

The vehicle would actually have to be at the dealership for the reset to work.

I also recall there was an aftermarket tool available for this. I believe a customer had a locksmith try to reset theirs and ended up causing more problems. You may want to check with a reputable locksmith, also, since they could come to where the vehicle is.

seems to be little complicated go with the vehicle to the place ( dealer ) even if one here in Panamá can do that ..

I can't believe there is no aftermarket flash procedure for those ECM .. much more if you proove that isn't a stolen vehicle ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom