Events/Trails 2nd Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
*Update Below*

DixieLand Cruisers will be going on an extreme overlanding adventure during the MLK weekend, January 17-20, 2020.

In case you missed the inaugural 1st Annual CCWS, check out last years thread...

We are putting a different spin on it this year. We will be at Windrock Park for a couple days then do an exploration/overlanding trip after leaving the park Sunday morning.

Meet at McDonald's in Trussville (Chalkville Rd) on Friday, January 17 at 10:00am.

The preliminary plan is to head to Oak Ridge, TN which is home to Windrock Offroad Park Fri morning. We will pack up and leave the park Sunday morning and make our way south to hook up on the GA Traverse. We will spend most of Sunday driving through Cherokee, Nantahala and Chattahoochee National Forest.

For anyone who hasn’t been to Windrock before, this is not your typical Offroad Park that has nothing but crazy trails and hard obstacles. Windrock has over 72,000 acres and we could honestly spend the whole time exploring the access Green (easy) rated trails. Any stock land cruiser can enjoy the park and not worry about damaging their trucks. The park has something to offer for everyone. They also have a gun range, pavilions, nice showers/restrooms, etc.

We have rented a 9 person cabin called the Squatch Nest at Windrock for Fri and Sat night.

We will have to buy permits for the park. Every person on the trails will need a Windrock permit for each day they will ride on Windrock Park's property. The Windrock Park website details this pretty well.

List of guys going: (1 40, 1 55, 2 60s, 1 62, 4 80s, 5 100s,

Cole - FZJ80 @Bama4door
Clarence - UZJ100 @booradley
Rosh - FZJ80 @BamaBreeze
Dave - FJ40 @DPV7070
Brad - UZJ100
Kris - FJ60 @KKnightUA
Zach - FJ60 @Zjohnsonua
Clay - FJ55 @TachedOutOffRoad
Juan - UZJ100 @Quinn
Ron - UZJ100 @slawninja
Stephen - URJ200 @Forerunner
Joel - FJ62 @Tennessee80
Kevin - FZJ80 @Monty231
Tone - FZJ80 @tone33
Sam (guessing your first name lol) UZJ100 - @sammybones
Bob - URJ200 @highrisk

1577974043896.png

Last edited by a moderator:
XXXXTREMEEEE OVERLANDING!!!

I wanna go!

-Friday night camping in north AL for folks coming late
-Saturday night in TN/GA
-Saturday night in TN/NC/GA elsewhere
-Sunday night back in AL for folks that need to bail

150 mile days?

...that’s all I have....

I'm in! Let's decide if we want to tough it out and camp, or rent a cabin at Windrock. I vote cabin because it will be really cold at night...

I know not very "overlandish", but if you want to camp, Windrock has primitive camping too.

Last edited:
XXXXTREMEEEE OVERLANDING!!!

I wanna go!

-Friday night camping in north AL for folks coming late
-Saturday night in TN/GA
-Saturday night in TN/NC/GA elsewhere
-Sunday night back in AL for folks that need to bail

150 mile days?

...that’s all I have....
We could also camp somewhere in North Ga Friday night and then go up to Oak Ridge Sat. I think a lot of it depends on the weather. Camping in rain when it’s in the teen’s is not fun.

I’m down for whatever. The 55 cruises at 73mph ok, likes 64mph a lot better, but I’m sure for the folks with 100s I’ll be slow. I hope to have 4 speed and 3.73s by then and that will help.

Maybe we can find a more HY route than an interstate route?

my dad lives in Morristown, TN not too far from windrock. He’ll bring us beer or if we need place to layup for free.

I will gladly follow whomever gets a route going and will buy the leader a tank of fuel for their efforts.

We need a big turnout for this first trip of the year. Please try to make it; going to be a fun time.

We need a rough headcount for planning purposes, so if you think you can make it please post up.

I’m calling Windrock Park tomorrow to reserve us a cabin for Fri and Sat night for a 10 person cabin. We can always cancel Sat night if we want to, but I’d rather go ahead and reserve it.

I’m going to request the “Squatch Nest” which is the same cabin we stayed at last year and was really nice and had a great layout.

Sounds good! We will look at some maps and see where else we can go on Sunday-Monday.

Count me in if GA Cruisers are welcome. I’m pretty sure I met at least one of you Alabama guys at HIH8. I’ll drive over and meet you guys in Trussville Friday.

I attended GSMTR for the first time this year, Windrock is awesome. Tons of trails and it should be even better now that the leaves have dropped.

I like to primitive camp but agree it could be cold. I’ll reserve a cabin just in case.

Count me in if GA Cruisers are welcome. I’m pretty sure I met at least one of you Alabama guys at HIH8. I’ll drive over and meet you guys in Trussville Friday.

I attended GSMTR for the first time this year, Windrock is awesome. Tons of trails and it should be even better now that the leaves have dropped.

I like to primitive camp but agree it could be cold. I’ll reserve a cabin just in case.
Happy to have you! We may have room in our cabin (depending if anyone backs out), it sleeps 9, but you're welcome to the couch worst case. Should be a great time.

What kind of cruiser do you drive?

A built 2004 100 series. I’ll reserve a cabin, I don’t want to impose. If the weather is supposed to be nice I’ll throw my RTT up top or throw my mattress in the back on the sleeping platform just in case camping is an option.

A built 2004 100 series. I’ll reserve a cabin, I don’t want to impose. If the weather is supposed to be nice I’ll throw my RTT up top or throw my mattress in the back on the sleeping platform just in case camping is an option.
Sounds good!

Probably me at HIH8. We had three 100s out at HIH9.

I am a maybe with my boys, but since the cabin is booked, we may be camping out back, LOL.

If we go, I will come in with anyone else from MCC, maybe @tone33 @Monty231 @ukaviator

I will need to leave Sunday and head back to Nash-Vegas! Last year CCWS was a blast

@Bama4door and @booradley I'm in as long as y'all don't drive 80mph. That really takes me down from 24mpg to about 20mpg :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom