2LTE fuel problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, i have recently purchased a 1990 LJ78 SX5 prado and am working out a few problems it has. I have just replaced the priming pump and noticed that it does not have a air bleeder screw on it. How do i get all of the air out of the fuel lines? I have cracked all the injectors and turned the engine over until there was a constant stream of fuel comming out of each. It starts but only when i pump the priming pump 15 or so times. Then it will die if i dont keep pumping it. Should i start the engine and bleed the injectors 1 at a time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

i can't seem to find any literature that talk about the process of bleeding the fuel system on 2lte would it be the same as every other Toyota diesel?

No bleeders required, it's a circulating system...

If it's stalling, then you have an air leak (edit: or a problem with the lift pump - it's built into the injection pump, and the injection pumps are NOT rebuildable). It may be anything in the system, but check your filter (the bottom o-rings can leak), hose connections, and the injection pump itself.

Good luck with it!

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom