2L-TE Turbo Rebuild Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Any recommendations on a rebuild kit for an 2L-TE turbo?

My turbo is leaking oil after 412000km :(

Looking forward to the recommendations.

I'd recommend just getting one of the Chinese CHRA's off Ebay. Or a whole Chinese turbo. We've had pretty good luck with them on here.

I did buy a rebuild kit at one point for my old OEM turbo. I didn't trust my rebuild job enough to run it tho! LOL. Sending it away to have it balanced would be the important thing, but that's way more expensive than just buying a whole new Chinese CHRA. So I just bought one instead.

I had my ct26 rebuilt for $450 on my 13bt. Looking back I should have bought an upgraded turbo. My turbo works great, but always looking for more power and efficiency

I'd recommend just getting one of the Chinese CHRA's off Ebay. Or a whole Chinese turbo. We've had pretty good luck with them on here.

I did buy a rebuild kit at one point for my old OEM turbo. I didn't trust my rebuild job enough to run it tho! LOL. Sending it away to have it balanced would be the important thing, but that's way more expensive than just buying a whole new Chinese CHRA. So I just bought one instead.
Thank you. Been looking at a few option and will go for a new turbo :)

@oldprospector , There are multiple vendors on eBay in the $170 - 225 price range. Just search CT-20. World of caution, some of the vendors have a year range of 1985 and on. Just be careful you order the correct CT-20 (with or without flange).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom