2h toyota engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

, I want to sell my restored 2h engine, anybody know what it is worth? and how I can sell it?

IMG_7419.jpg

I see them for sale (unrestored) on the Australian classifieds for anywhere from $500 AUD to $2000 AUD, which is about €300 to €1250. Mind you that that is for sale listings, not sold listings. It's not a particularly sought after engine, having relatively low power, no factory turbo and declining parts availability.

Having said that, if you were located in the US I'd at least be interested in learning more about the 2H you have, details on the compression, etc.

My gut says you're not likely to find much interest above €2000, not for lack of value but for lack of interested buyers. My $0.02.

It's not a particularly sought after engine, having relatively low power, no factory turbo and declining parts availability.

Blasphemer.. :)

Any Toyota diesel is sought after.

My guess would be 24V, since the OP is in Europe, but would it take much to convert it? The picture doesn’t show an alternator being included.

About all you’d need to swap out would be the glow plugs, the temp and oil senders and the temp sensor for the SuperGlow system, right? I would guess the bus bar and resistors would be the same.

Considering I spent about $8000 to rebuild mine a few years ago, I think you may find a market for it... It looks nice- all you have to do is prove that it was rebuilt properly, with good parts and craftsmanship.

(Thats $8000 Cdn, with good parts and craftsmanship)

I bought 2 x 2h unknown condition engines last year for $600 aud + a shonky diff together. Not long before that a complete wreck hj75 troopy with unknown 2h for $2500aud.

I like the 2h due to simplicity but the hz is probably a better engine and can still get parts from toyota for the later. Parts for the 2h is still available here in Oz, but not always toyota quality unfortunately, some aftermarket parts like pistons are better.

I do like the 2h timing gear has all cogs, no rubber. It is not fast or powerful. But sounds a lovely note with extractors and does nicely towing and working off road. Some engines just sound nice, the 2h is one. On my good troopy, best fuel usage of late is 12km/l on the freeway, which is pretty good for what it can do , where it can go, even compared to modern cars. The 2h is a good candidate for veg oil/bio diesel, not many modern diesels are. The injectors are mechanical which are much cheaper to rebuild than electric injectors by 1/6th the price, no joke. $100 vs $600 aud .

The 2h I am re-building has cost me around $4000-4500aud in total including pro machining, pro rebuilt injection pump ($2000-ish), parts. Not including my time. I wanted to learn, it costs to learn.

The injection pump is fully mechanical and can last a lifetime+. A 2h can get 600,000km to a million km on one build if well done and cared for.

I have seen pro rebuilt 2h's priced from $5000-$6500aud in oz.

Best/cheapest way to buy an engine is known running in the vehicle.

In Europe, I imagine the demand is low. But there was a recent 4wd event in Germany, Felde here reported upon. That would be the place to sell it I imagine. Felde reckons that the Germans are going crazy for old cars and putting them on vintage registration in reaction to emissions restrictions etc..Some of the LC component prices at that event were crazy high, imo. Like 3-5x the price one could ask in Oz. So , you never know if you find the niche.

I think well made , designed, repairable, long lasting genuine mechanical things in general shall become quite rare indeed across the world. They stopped making them as it is not profitable or 'kosher'.

Much harder to sell stuff than buy stuff! Shame it is big and heavy to take to market. Quick sale=cheap, slow sale= fairer price for yourself. They are definitely worth something. I love mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom