2H glow system in a 1HZ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,
Still sourcing parts for my 1HZ swap (thread here). Instead of replacing all the relays and resistor, which are either $$$ or unavailable, will the components from the old engine power the glow plugs? I believe its a super glow.

Another difference is the 2H has two resistors and only one in the 1HZ. Will it still work on one?
Thanks!

Last edited:
If the HZ glow plugs are the same voltage as the 2h then there is no reason that I see it shouldn't work.
. They are both 12v but one less resistor in the 1HZ. Not sure why the 2H needs two or if it will still work if I remove one.

. They are both 12v but one less resistor in the 1HZ. Not sure why the 2H needs two or if it will still work if I remove one.
You are over complicating matter. Remove all from one and install on the other. Mix and match you can't do. Or at least I wouldnt recommend it unless you know exactly what you're doing, which sounds like you don't. No offense.

Thanks @roma042987 I might try just one and see what happens. There will be half the resistance, so I might fry something. I'll update here and the build thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom