2F bolt in ???? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I may be picking up a 75 with a 2F, 4 speed etc.
I have a 1970 FJ 40 that needs a motor, trans and transfer. Will this essentialy bolt in? or will I need to move the motor mounts. I know I need to buzz some holes for the shifters.

As always thanks for the help.

The motor mounts were in the same place for mine. I just swapped a 2F into my '73. The issues I ran into where hardware related. The manifold bolts and motormount bolts were different sizes than the F stuff. If your 2F is fully ready it should go in easy. I think the drive shafts will have to be changed to the 4 speed style if you keep ithe 4speed xfer.

Thats what I like to hear on a Friday :beer: I will be getting the drive shafts and axles too. Basically the body and frame rotted off and through this poor thing. otherwise it is complete.

Wifes gonna love 2 cruisers in the barn and one in the garage.
Really love that none of them run on their own power at this point.

Wifes gonna love 2 cruisers in the barn and one in the garage.
Really love that none of them run on their own power at this point.
[\qoute]

Cruisers are supposed to run?

If the tranny hump is good in the 75 you could use that also.

You may need to change the gas pedal linkage. I think the 75 is rod type and the 70 is cable.

The Tranny Hump Looked Good, it appeared to be a bit larger than the one that I have in the 70. I will have to see. as that may be an easier way to go.

Also with the wiring. Would that entail just making the Fseries alt. connections a bit longer to get to the 2f new location?

Any other problems any one has run into? I will be picking up the 75 in the next few weeks and hopefully get to wrenching.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom