2F bolt in ????

Visit site
I may be picking up a 75 with a 2F, 4 speed etc.
I have a 1970 FJ 40 that needs a motor, trans and transfer. Will this essentialy bolt in? or will I need to move the motor mounts. I know I need to buzz some holes for the shifters.

As always thanks for the help.

73lndcrsr

SILVER Star
Visit site
The motor mounts were in the same place for mine. I just swapped a 2F into my '73. The issues I ran into where hardware related. The manifold bolts and motormount bolts were different sizes than the F stuff. If your 2F is fully ready it should go in easy. I think the drive shafts will have to be changed to the 4 speed style if you keep ithe 4speed xfer.

Visit site
Thats what I like to hear on a Friday :beer: I will be getting the drive shafts and axles too. Basically the body and frame rotted off and through this poor thing. otherwise it is complete.

Wifes gonna love 2 cruisers in the barn and one in the garage.
Really love that none of them run on their own power at this point.

Visit site
The Tranny Hump Looked Good, it appeared to be a bit larger than the one that I have in the 70. I will have to see. as that may be an easier way to go.

Also with the wiring. Would that entail just making the Fseries alt. connections a bit longer to get to the 2f new location?

Any other problems any one has run into? I will be picking up the 75 in the next few weeks and hopefully get to wrenching.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom