2F Air Intake Hose Repair, New Still Available? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Done searching. Is this item NLA? Update: According to good source below, new one is NLA.

I recently ended up with a hole in my air intake hose. I cut out the bad section and used some flexible rubber epoxy to bond the hose back to the end.

IMG_7054.JPG

IMG_7055.JPG

IMG_7056.JPG

Last edited:
Looks damn good. And that bay.... Do you eat your meals off it too?

The OEM duct is the best, though new ones are NLA. Used ones can be found but they're still very expensive.

A very good second choice with thick walls can be found at your local auto parts store. I have this one on my truck & it fits perfectly. Thick material too. I like it. It's not flimsy. The end of it can screw into that 3" hole in the radiator support perfectly to hold it tight.

Info below

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...air-duct/8741/4741232?q=Speed+by+spectre+8741

image.jpeg

I mounted mine through one of the side holes in the engine bay then forward to the designated hole in the radiator support. Keeps it out of the way of the second battery (headlight washer junk has been removed).

image.jpeg

Last edited:
x2 on the Auto Zone hose. I didn't need any of the adaptors that came in the box (saved those for some other project I'm sure I'll need, and then will forget where I put them) as the hose fit fine on the stock air cleaner and into the stock "port" on the front bezel by the lights. I trashed the stock hose and tube that used to fit into the front as it was all cracked

IMG_2941.JPG

IMG_2940.JPG

I got mine from SOR possibly. It's bright friggen blue but almost exact to what @OSS has pictured above. The more ugly the better for me. I dig seeing color when I open the hood. It's a sure fire indicator of what I've touched and what I haven't. :)

x2 on the Auto Zone hose. I didn't need any of the adaptors that came in the box (saved those for some other project I'm sure I'll need, and then will forget where I put them) as the hose fit fine on the stock air cleaner and into the stock "port" on the front bezel by the lights. I trashed the stock hose and tube that used to fit into the front as it was all cracked

View attachment 1539903

View attachment 1539904
That red air filter housing and horn is hot. Great choice!

Only 3 months old but...has anyone found a decent source for something that looks closer to OE?

I'm in need of one and want to keep everything as stock looking as possible.

Only 3 months old but...has anyone found a decent source for something that looks closer to OE?

I'm in need of one and want to keep everything as stock looking as possible.

With a little bit of work, you could consider converting over to the 3F air cleaner. Parts could be sourced from Australia and I “think” they are mostly still available. It’s still technically Toyota and I think it’s a cleaner look. I’m not a huge fan of the 2F air cleaner.

CB635344-9762-47A2-B756-A2D60BC7C5B4.jpeg

With a little bit of work, you could consider converting over to the 3F air cleaner. Parts could be sourced from Australia and I “think” they are mostly still available. It’s still technically Toyota and I think it’s a cleaner look. I’m not a huge fan of the 2F air cleaner.

View attachment 1588363

Good idea! I like it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom