Does anyone know what air intake hose this is? Mosley Motors build. (It’s melted). (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

popomedic

SILVER Star
Threads
If you’ve ever gone on Mosley Motor’s website under their Holley Sniper EFI page you may have seen this rig:
IMG_1246.jpeg

I now own this rig:
1708560172977.jpeg

This EFI system was installed about 5 years ago by Mosley according to a social media post on their instagram. As you can see, the air intake hose is basically derelict— melted and leaking. Not sure why it was installed so directly over the valve cover but as you can imagine it’s melted away. I’ve heavily taped it up to create somewhat of a seal (as you can see in the pic).

This hose is two different sizes on each side and I haven’t been able to find a replacement. Rubber & Gasket shops even scratching their heads over it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? (And does anybody know if Mosley Motors has a direct phone number? I’ve called / texted / emailed about it for nearly two weeks with no response, unfortunately. From what I understand they are a busy shop).

(Ignore fuel line covered in heat shield).

Thanks!

IMG_1243.jpeg

Last edited:
It looks like the end connected to the intake plenum is attached to an adapter. Is that the case? I'm guessing the ID of the ends of the actual hose is 4"?

It looks like the end connected to the intake plenum is attached to an adapter. Is that the case? I'm guessing the ID of the ends of the actual hose is 4"?

Yup it has a spectre adapter attached.
IMG_1255.jpeg

Air filter side:

IMG_1253.jpeg

(Hard to hold tape inside the hose while taking a pic but hopefully you get the idea)

Spectre to plenum side:

IMG_1252.jpeg

Side angle of spectre to plenum side:

IMG_1254.jpeg

I think I figured it out.

Looks like Mosley Motors modified (cut) an OEM air intake hose.

IMG_1256.jpeg

Only thing that makes sense.

But the cant over the valve cover is still an issue.

Last edited:
I think I figured it out.

Looks like Mosley Motors modified (cut) an OEM air intake hose.

View attachment 3563667
Only thing that makes sense.

But the cant over the valve stem is still an issue.
Looks like you might have it figured out as far as the part itself. Strange that it's melted over time though. These should be able to handle anything short of laying against an exhaust manifold, so the melting is still a mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom