Intake machining 2F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently have my intake and exhaust manifolds out to replace gaskets and hopefully improve a low vacuum condition on my 86 FJ60.
Having trouble to find a machining shop that knows how to handle the assembly to clean it up and get the full surface flat. Mixed material between the exhaust and the intake, and also the exhaust horns on the end all seem to add up to a challenge. Does anyone have experience with someone who has done this? In Northern Arizona, so somewhere in the Phoenix area would be preferred, but willing to ship to someone who knows how to do it. Any help with a source or good instructions on how to setup would be appreciated!

Good to ask. Yes you definitely want to use a machine shop that’s done these before. They’ll have a special jig to hold everything when it gets shaved.
The machine shop I went to many years ago that had a lot of experience with these manifolds did accept shipments of manifolds from anywhere.
The owner has since retired and the new owner no longer works on manifolds — but if they accepted shipped manifolds in the past, certainly other machine shops (experienced with these) will too.

Keep snooping around. You’ll find one. (I can’t recommend any).

Good to ask. Yes you definitely want to use a machine shop that’s done these before. They’ll have a special jig to hold everything when it gets shaved.
The machine shop I went to many years ago that had a lot of experience with these manifolds did accept shipments of manifolds from anywhere.
The owner has since retired and the new owner no longer works on manifolds — but if they accepted shipped manifolds in the past, certainly other machine shops (experienced with these) will too.

Keep snooping around. You’ll find one. (I can’t recommend any).
Thanks @OSS Just stumbled across a thread from 2020 called Not Needed (hopefully): Over priced machine shop.... that was initiated by @Rusto Has a ton of information on the topic and some other good information as well. There is a probably a way to link to that thread, but will have to learn that once I get my truck back together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom