24 trailer wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wondering if anyone has ever wired a trailer brake controller and 7 pin plug for lights on a 12 volt trailer to 24 volt system?

There is a 24-12V 4 to 3 wire converter that works perfectly. (you have to supply 12 v power from your own source) I have some 12V magnetic trailer lights permanently connected to my 24V BJ70 and they've been running since last summer. Add a standard brake controller and you'll be set. I have no idea who makes the units, I got mine surplus. I believe Crushers has some in stock.

I've done it for the lights... the bundle of wires and relays is still sitting on my bench if you want to have a look at it....

helluva lot cheaper than the 24/12 converter thing.

ummm, the 24V-12V 5 wire to 4 wire converts i have in stock are only $50... no figuring to be done, wire and go...
but then some people love screwing with elec contraptions, me i hate wiring...

ummmmm......50 is considerably different than 200. which is the last price I saw you list.

too fxxxing early for pissing contests wayne.

I was planning on wiring up a set of magnetic 24 volt trailer lights - the kind you get from u-haul. That way I could tow any trailer and not have to worry about the 12 - 24 thing. The 12 volts sets are about $45 bucks new so I figure I should be able to wire up mine for close to the same price.

ummm, the 24V-12V 5 wire to 4 wire converts i have in stock are only $50... no figuring to be done, wire and go...
but then some people love screwing with elec contraptions, me i hate wiring...

Sent you a pm regarding these items.

I alway have a few spares of 24V bulbs in my truck. At most on any trailer it is just a few screws to put in the 24V bulbs. Eventually, I may do the converter thing but for the amount of trailering I do with different trailers, it isn't worth it right now. My utility trailer is already 24V.

I did the 24 to 12 converter thing because I was pulling trailer with 12 volt brakes and a 12 volt coach battery and I still had to run 24 volt bulbs as those systems werent' converted. I wasn't cheap!

Not to mention, there is a 5 to 4 wire converter as well as the 7 wire outlet. Needless to say, I have some cleanup to do but I'm not looking forward to it.

ummmmm......50 is considerably different than 200. which is the last price I saw you list.

too fxxxing early for pissing contests wayne.

what the fxxx is this suppose to mean?? pissing contest?!?!?

the original price of $200 was for a setup from Britian the second of $50 was source locally.

grab a chill pill.

the first batch of units source is $50 PLUS SHIPPING, the next batch will probably be $75 PLUS SHIPPING.

now, i have been stiffed twice on orders recently. be forwarned. if you order these units and do not send a cheque i will be posting up your name, email address and handle anywhere i can as a warning to anyone you might do business with.

i am giving the blokes a change to come good first.

if you are a dead beat then don't order one, simple as that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom