HJ61 Side Turn Signal Lamp ( 24 vs 12v Question ) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Not being a 24v grandmaster quite yet.. how are these housings different aside from the connectors? For a 12v FJ62 vs a 24volt Hj61 front fender turn signal lamp housing. The rubber housing have deteriorated on these necessitating a replacement due to my overly anal and pedantic nature. Toyota Part #s are discont'd. However, plenty of replacement aftermarket options and OEM from an FJ62 for example. Would it be possible to just splice over the connectors from the Hj61 onto the new marker lights, put in the 24v bulbs and run it? If not, what would be a practical solution?

Diagram about the part I'm referring to attached for reference:
1706065416964.png

Not being a 24v grandmaster quite yet.. how are these housings different aside from the connectors? For a 12v FJ62 vs a 24volt Hj61 front fender turn signal lamp housing. The rubber housing have deteriorated on these necessitating a replacement due to my overly anal and pedantic nature. Toyota Part #s are discont'd. However, plenty of replacement aftermarket options and OEM from an FJ62 for example. Would it be possible to just splice over the connectors from the Hj61 onto the new marker lights, put in the 24v bulbs and run it? If not, what would be a practical solution?

Diagram about the part I'm referring to attached for reference: View attachment 3540490

They are the same part. Just swap the bulb over.

Well swap the bulb out to what ?

Depends what final look your purring for mate ?

8079AECD-E4D3-4C68-9571-2DDD61722E97.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom