2023 Toyota Sequoia - 3rd Generation REVEALED (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It doesn’t matter what we think. Toyota Motor Sales will do what gets attention and sales numbers. If they want to pump out ridiculous concepts like that sequoia or the tacozilla camper that most of us will never own or see on the road, then more power to them.
Was it the Raptor lights? :D

Was it the Raptor lights? :D

Partly. There are other things I don't like about it but the lights certainly don't help. I miss the days when a Ford looked like a Ford and a Toyota looked like a Toyota.

First Capstone I've seen out in the wild, and only the second in Arkansas. Guy said he's had it for a month and a half and has already put 5k miles on it! He said he loves it though, just wishes the cargo area had more capacity but that the other features somewhat make up for that. I would personally go for white or grey but black still looks pretty good

Sequoia.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I’m liking the idea of a new sequoia lifted on 35s with a bumper more and more… who cares about the lc300

man these trucks are looking awesome. i just can’t get those options in canada and bringing one across border would kill me in duties because they are technically not made in the USA as far as i can see on the import lists. 😔

maybe next year 😞

My concern is whether or not the front end components are built to handle the weight and stress of 37's over the long run for those actually using it off-road?

Any ideas why Toyota would have the worse turning radius on the highest grade offroad package (TRD PRO) offered on the Sequoia? I'm wondering if it's all for looks?

Screenshot_20230106_155529_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Any ideas why Toyota would have the worse turning radius on the highest grade offroad package (TRD PRO) offered on the Sequoia? I'm wondering if it's all for looks?

View attachment 3212258

Oof. That's a big difference that I never noticed. My guess is the TRD uses wheel spacers to give it a wider stance, resulting in rub on the mud shields and rather than redesign or trim, they adjust the stops for a lesser articulation.

Oof. That's a big difference that I never noticed. My guess is the TRD uses wheel spacers to give it a wider stance, resulting in rub on the mud shields and rather than redesign or trim, they adjust the stops for a lesser articulation.
No wheel spacers on any model sequoia is used from the factory.

If you look at more of the specs, they both have the same overall width and track width. But what's curious is the difference in tire size. Every other trim uses 265 width, but the TRD Pro uses 285s. That's almost an inch wider. But the track width is the same? The only way that works is if the TRD Pro wheel offset hides more of the tire into the wheel well. If it does do that, then you've got less space to turn the tires. That screenshot also shows specs for "Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock" and you can see that the TRD Pro has a smaller number there. Fewer turns to lock is definitely going to correspond to longer turning radius. So I'm thinking wheel offset to accommodate the wider tires is the culprit. The TRD Pro does look like it has a wider stance, but maybe it doesn't? Toyota's own specs show the same track width for all trims.

If you look at more of the specs, they both have the same overall width and track width. But what's curious is the difference in tire size. Every other trim uses 265 width, but the TRD Pro uses 285s. That's almost an inch wider. But the track width is the same? The only way that works is if the TRD Pro wheel offset hides more of the tire into the wheel well. If it does do that, then you've got less space to turn the tires. That screenshot also shows specs for "Steering wheel turns, lock-to-lock" and you can see that the TRD Pro has a smaller number there. Fewer turns to lock is definitely going to correspond to longer turning radius. So I'm thinking wheel offset to accommodate the wider tires is the culprit. The TRD Pro does look like it has a wider stance, but maybe it doesn't? Toyota's own specs show the same track width for all trims.

I just looked at the Tundra specs, and the TRD Pro has a worse turning diameter than the other trims. It also runs 285s, but Toyota's specs do show a wider track width than the other trims. There must be some component of the different suspension causing it. I am guessing that the Sequoia TRD Pro track width spec on the Toyota site is a typo and that wheel offset doesn't have anything to do with it like I suggested above.

No wheel spacers on any model sequoia is used from the factory.
Toyota would NEVER use wheel spacers. That is totally opposed to thier ethos of proper engineering.

The TRD wheels (both 18" and 20") are 8.5" wide as opposed to the rest of the wheel line up for the Sequoia which are 8" wide. I thought that was common knowledge though.

18" BBS TRD Pro
BBS 42611-YYD20 TRD PRO CROPPED.JPG

20" TRD

RONAL 42611-YYC20 TRD CROPPED.JPG

I just looked at the Tundra specs, and the TRD Pro has a worse turning diameter than the other trims. It also runs 285s, but Toyota's specs do show a wider track width than the other trims. There must be some component of the different suspension causing it. I am guessing that the Sequoia TRD Pro track width spec on the Toyota site is a typo and that wheel offset doesn't have anything to do with it like I suggested above.
I'm trying to understand Toyota's logic here... Turning radius is not important off road? Reviewers have complained during Toyota press events about the poor turning radius of both the Tundra and Sequoia TRD PRO's. Seems like Toyota dropped the ball!

The only suspension components I know of that are different on the TRD PRO'S are the springs and Fox shocks. You would think Fox would design around suspension and steering components so as not to decrease the ability of the vehicle.

If tire size and wheel offset are affecting steering angles then what are installers doing to get 35's and 37's on the new Tundra and Sequoia? Are they adjusting the steering stops making the turning radius even worse?

Last edited:
I'm trying to understand Toyota's logic here... Turning radius is not important off road? Reviewers have complained during Toyota press events about the poor turning radius of both the Tundra and Sequoia TRD PRO's. Seems like Toyota dropped the ball!

Toyota has the software already developed to do the turn assist with brakes like the lc200. Everyone else has it on their off-road models now. Surprised Toyota didn't include it in the TRD pro.

The core function of the Sequoia is cargo space and they somehow made it smaller inside than a 4runner. I'm not sure what Toyota design criteria was. But it wasn't the things I'd expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom