2022 Tundra = US 300 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

O

Oh. Don’t be a tease. I sure as heck hope you are right. (I have no reason to doubt you).
I figured it would be detuned. Hopefully the V6 and not a turbo 4. Regardless though;
we were recently offered a ridiculous sum for our old non Toyota vehicle. My wife agreed to an upgrade and now we’re in a ‘22 GX460.
A world of difference from my 80. And I love it. If the replacement is what you say… Well

Another poster on T4R.org (4runner forum) posted something very similar. So far he has been true with rumors and speculation as well. I could very well get behind a GX550 (whatever they will call it) that is a boxy Defender competitor...

I replaced the upper lift gate on 2002 due to rust. It’s been 6 years and I can see rust discolorization on its way. As much as I like the tailgate I might not be the only one with the issue. My LC has been garaged its entire life so it’s not from exposure.
It's a good ways away from the coast though it does spend some time there. Maybe a few month every year. It is regularly washed there and at home. What's weird is the replacement installed when I had it repainted in 2016 has a touch of rust staining in the lower right-hand side exactly where it was on the older one. It's main issue was rust around the lift handle. It has no other rust than the usual stuff underneath. Rest of the body is perfect.

I had it painted to take care of some hood chips, refresh the paint and get rid of the silver accent color. I attached what is not the greatest photo, but it shows the look.

IMG_0499.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom