2022 Tundra compared to 300 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've got my name on the list for one of those Fords, truly a badass machine..... waiting for a Bronco as well.

Last edited:
Hard to say it's not "Americanized" enough.
1626635110148.png

I really like the current tundra styling. Maybe the new one will grow on me. Almost bought a current gen recently, but decided to wait for the new one.

But man - a midsize truck based on the lc300 would kinda be a dream truck for me. Size, capability, etc.

Looks like a ton!

I like:
- more power
- better fuel economy (numbers TBD)
- better interior
- crew cab w/ 6.5' box
- fully boxed frame
- additional cross members/bigger sway bars/etc.
- 3" factory lift
- rear air suspension + auto leveling (LOVE this in my LX)
- rear coils
- a ton of drivetrain & suspension components shared with the LC 300
- locking rear diff
- increased towing and payload
- hydraulic cab mounts
- composite bed

I dislike:
- no flat floor under 2nd row seats
- payload is still low
- fuel economy is still going to be poor
- gas tank will likely be too small

I wish for:
- onboard generator like the new Fords

I like the new Tudra, was considering a Lexus 300 serious, but I think the shared platform works for me in the Tundra

The new tundra looks very good and solid so far. Can’t wait for the real world tests and the numbers for the turbo + hybrid.

Tundra now has adjustable suspension? Is it AHC?

Laser welded fully boxed frame - same strength as LC 300?

Front suspension looks identical to 300 including the aluminum knuckles.

@Onur have any technical white papers comparing how far apart or similar the two are?

Laser welded fully boxed frame - same strength as LC 300?

Front suspension looks identical to 300 including the aluminum knuckles.

@Onur have any technical white papers comparing how far apart or similar the two are?

The word Land Cruiser does not exist in that article. Good marketing info, though.

Air bags in the rear. Only on certain trims.

The word Land Cruiser does not exist in that article. Good marketing info, though.

Heh. Go check out what ExpeditionPortal wrote - they are literally calling the new Tundra the "new Land Cruiser." But then again, it's ExPo, and everything they write needs to be taken with a big grain of salt bullsh1t.

Air bags in the rear. Only on certain trims.

Heh. Go check out what ExpeditionPortal wrote - they are literally calling the new Tundra the "new Land Cruiser." But then again, it's ExPo, and everything they write needs to be taken with a big grain of salt bullsh1t.
LOL

Land Cruisers have J-Vins, Tundra’s don‘t.

As someone who bought a new 2021 OR DCLB Tacoma. I am very happy that Crew Cab Tundra comes in 6.5 bed finally (after all the years of silly 5.5 ft bed). Hopefully next year, I will trade in for a 2022 OR DCLB Tundra!

MADE in USA! I will wait..... I LIKE JPN.....Quality/Kaizen is first rate....

Looks like it received some really nice upgrades but not the Tundra angels are awful and the front end is absolutely hideous. If you love lots of interior plastic, you’ll be happy in this bloated looking rig. I truly hope that nail the LX600.

LOL

Land Cruisers have J-Vins, Tundra’s don‘t.
Lol,

Considering that the J vin LC 200's had the same cam tower leak as the non J vin Tundra, I don't think that first letter in the vin matter as much as the once did.

I think the new Tundra looks fine, I drive a 2021 GMC 2500 everyday for work, I don't think it looks dramatically different than any other truck on the market. If I had a say in the matter, I would buy a 2022 LC, but thats not in the cards for the US, The concept of the new Tundra is close enough to the LC for me probably pick one up when they come out. The only thing that i don't think the tundra will have is the resale value of the LC.

At the end of the day, the tundra, the sequioa, the LX and the LC are all now TNGA-F' platform vehicles and outside of stuff like plastics and polymers, its not worth anybodies time to waste engineering resources on the matter. The biggest differences you will see is going to be in regards to the cosmetics.

while its a silly video, the TNGA-F, outperformed the 200 series may be a good indicator of what is capable from a TNGA-F Tundra. Considering the price difference between the US Tundra and LC, I am intrigued. ARB Bumper, a front E locker, 35's.... It could be very good for outdoor stuff.

So it looks like the new Tundra will be available with a rear locker and MTS. TRD Pro on 33" Falken tires. Not bad, and I think that combined with all the interior improvements (UX/Infotainment looks actually impressive for once), it will be a great truck. More solid, more powerful, more efficient, a more refined ride, and overall more technologically advanced.

Even though it's a page 1 re-write in the sense of TNGA-F, the end product is really just a logical evolution of Tundra -and I respect and applaud Toyota for making their truck the way they want. They know their customer base is not generally using it to haul skid steers. Tundra customers are more oriented towards QDR than max payload, max towing and max feature content.

Interestingly, they don't want the hybrid to give power to the customer outside of the drivetrain, due to excessive battery cycles diminishing the longevity of the nickel hydride battery pack. Ford is clearly less concerned about this long-term concern, and I can see both sides of that strategically. Ultimately, I think Ford's approach is the better one, and customers will appreciate having a hybrid truck that can actually power tools and their house. If you have to replace the battery sooner, so be it.

It looks like it still has the weak-sauce camera resolution they gave us on our 2021 Sienna. C'mon Toyota! #1993cameras

And if you don't love the new Tundra, don't worry. In 15 short years you will have a new option. ;)

2022 Tundra Easter Egg.jpg
Morse code anyone? This might be the coolest easter egg I've seen on a vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom